▪ THIRTY-FOUR

It was a busy month for the students where Nahee studied. The library was filled with students occupying seats.

Nahee couldn't seem to focus on learning what the book had. A notebook in her left hand was closed, only to have the pages being played with her slender fingers. She couldn't even try to interpreting the account ledger that she had prepared to revise. She ended up counting and summarizing something else.

"We are eight months now," Nahee mumbled. Suddenly, she held out her hands and closed her fingers one by one. She then muttered to herself, "so Eerin eonni's around seven months."

Eight months just happened to pass like in a blink.

She added, "I never know a relationship can pass this fast."

Sometimes, she forgot how time was. Jungkook had been visiting her after school hours and when she's not too tired, he would bring her to Seokjin's café. And of course, she couldn't escape that older's teasing. No wonder they were cousins.

"Nowadays, I can't see him often. He's probably busy and we're having exams," she paused. "What is this feeling?" She whispered to herself. She then whined and slumped her head on the thick opened book.

Somin and Jiwoo heard her. They looked at one another before looking at Nahee. Both of them snorted. It's amusing to see Nahee talking to herself.

"Nahee-ya, you miss him?" Somin asked.

Nahee immediately raised her head up. Her hair was disheveled and eyes widened. "What?" Somin and Jiwoo looked at her teasingly. Nahee quickly said with a tremendous head shake, "no no no no no no."

"I can't believe she denies it," Jiwoo muttered to Somin with a curt smirk.

"For someone who has no experience about love is that," Somin said.

Jiwoo chuckled before she dramatically whisper-yell, "Oh no, Somin. This is dangerous."

"What?"

Jiwoo stared at Somin quietly before a knowing smirk formed on her face. "Our Nahee is in loooove~"

Somin shaped an 'o' on her mouth and then copying Jiwoo's smirk.

"I can't possibly be in love," Nahee uttered.

"It is possible, you dork!" Jiwoo said with a flick on Nahee's forehead.

"Ow!" Nahee held her forehead but didn't say anything, rather stared at Jiwoo with a pout.

"It doesn't matter if you and Jungkook are contracted. You have feelings, it's okay to say that you've fallen for him," Jiwoo advised.

"What's wrong with being in love with someone you have contract with?" Somin butted in, showing the in-loved girl a frown.

Nahee became speechless, "well...'

"Nahee-yah, you know that rules can be broken, right? Anything can break any rules. Even love can break a rule," Somin told.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, even if you and Jungkook are contracted, don't try to lie what your heart actually says. Like just now. You just said you don't miss him but I see that you keep on mumbling about him. Even Sara told me that you've been looking at your phone when Jiwoo and I weren't with you guys," Somin paused. "You like him, aren't you?"

"No."

"Hah! You see?" Somin sighed while Jiwoo pursed her lips. "Nahee-yaaaah, why are you doing like this to yourself?" Somin gave her a pout and a frown.

"You know, Somin," Nahee paused, placing the notebook on the table. She sighed, "if we break the contract rule, it's both of us are the one who'll get punished and fined. If the company chooses to punish us, we don't know what they are going to do with us."