All on Her Shoulders Ch.8

Yay- finally actual plot ('・∀・`)

⚠️-cursing

-------

"Mama! Papa! Come see!"

A small girl showed the bird that she helped to her parents. They smiled at her and crouched down to her small height.

"That's amazing, pumpkin. You helped the little bird very nicely. You're going to be a great hero some day!"

Her mother said to her, the small girl's father ruffled her hair and chuckled,

"That's great how you saved the bird pumpkin, but...."

The room went pitch black as several different voices said behind her.

"Why couldn't you save us?"

.
.
.

"-IT WASNT MY FAULT! IM SORry...."

Isis shot up in a cold sweat and huffed out heavy breaths. She held her head in her hands as she quietly sobbed.

"I'm sorry,"

she shook her head as she repeatedly croaked,

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to- I didn't know...."

she looked up to her ceiling with the city lights dimming her darkroom.

"I-.....ca-n't...I couldn't..."

Small pathetic sorry's and sobs filled her room.
.
-•-
.
Isis's stern face stared back at her while she fixed her collar and newly pierced eyebrow piercing. She looked at the shiny purple gems from Ayaka's wedding ring blankly.

She sighed as she fidgeted with the long earrings the Bushida couple would wear often. She wanted to wear her family's heirloom with pride.

Her cold facade cracked for a second as her eyes flooded with an unspeakable amount of emotions. She cleared her throat and put back on her face that was devoid of any emotion.

Dominic opened the car door for her and got in the car as he sat beside her. The driver started the car and a cold and suffocating silence filled the vehicle.

"L-lady Isis, you owe nothing to the pathetic public, you don't have to do this for those ruffians of the media."

"Dominic, I ask only one thing of you and that is to follow me into the depths of hell. You agreed to these terms and you will not question my motives. I'm doing this and that's final."

He sighed and pushed up his glasses,
"As you wish, Lady Isis."

"Good, so when we show the world exactly what I am and what I'm going to be, stand behind me with pride and know you have the greatest master."

She said keeping her cold frown but her eyes gazing at him with grateful eyes.

"I do it every day My Lady."