❤Chapter 45❤

Holy by Justin beiber

~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~•~••

With a wide smile plastered on my face, I literally bounced along the corridor on Monday morning. I felt so happy and joyful for some reasons unknown to me. Maybe it was because I resolved to be all about positivity that week. I was also quite happy that it was the last week in the term, before the Christmas holiday.

I got to our classroom and was about to enter when I heard my name. I stopped and retraced my steps. I looked around but didn't see anyone.

"Suzie! Over here."

I looked back and saw David and Mide standing at the top of the staircase beside our classroom.

"Oh... Hey" I said and walked up to them.

"Good morning." David said and I responded with a smile.

"Hii" I said to Mide but she pretended to be oblivious of my presence and I rolled my eyes inwardly.

"What's up with you two?" David said.

"Are you asking me? Why don't you ask your girlfriend here cuz I'm just as clueless as you are." I said, folding my arms.

I heard a Mide hiss loudly and I chuckled.

"Mide...'
.
"What?"

"Can you excuse us for a minute please?" I said to David.

"Alright." He said and walked away from where we stood.

"Is this about the game?" I said when I made sure David was out of earshot.

"You know what you did."

I sighed and placed my hands on her shoulder.

"It was just a game. It's not like I'm really going to marry him or something."

"When you knew that it was just a game, you could've chosen Emmy or even Adam."

"Does it matter?"

"It might not matter to you, but it does to me."

"Since you know it doesn't matter to me, then you shouldn't be worried or behave the way you did."

"You don't understand."

"Okay. Let's assume I like David. Just an assumption. Did you think not talking to me would make me stop liking him? It won't solve anything. So just let it go. Even if you don't trust me, you trust David, right?"

"Of course, I trust him."

"Then you have nothing to worry about. Okay?"

She nodded.

"I'm sorry."she said.

"I'm sorry too."I replied with a light smile which she returned.

"So we're good now."

"Yeah. We're cool."

"Good. Let's go to class." I said and pulled her along as I descended the stairs.

We entered the classroom together, but I stopped when I noticed the pairs of eyes that turned to look at me. I felt uncomfortable with the silence that befell the usually noisy classroom.

I heard a few whispers here and there and received some curious looks from some students, some wore uninterested looks while people like feyi and her clique sent deadly glares my way. I could see the disgust in their eyes. With my head lowered, I walked slowly to my seat with Mide behind me.