❤Chapter 25❤

This chapter is dedicated to all my active readers. You guys are just the best. If I start mentioning, the list will be too long. I love y'all 😘😘😘

                 *     *      *      *      *

God will make a way
When there seems to be no way

What the....

He works in ways we cannot see

Wait... That's mom's voice.

My eyes fluttered open but I immediately closed them back due to the bright rays of the sun that fell right on my face.

"Mom...."I muttered and stretched on the bed.

"Baby.. You're awake?"

No, I'm still asleep. 🙄.

I wonder why people tend to ask obvious questions. But I dare not say that to my mom or I'd receive a brain resetting slap.

I squinted my eyes open and sat up, yawning and scratching my dishevelled hair.

"Just don't swallow me"mom said.

"Yeah, right"

She walked about the room, picking up the clothes I had thrown about when I was looking for comfy clothes before. I'd be doomed without my mom. I knew that for sure.

"What time is it?"

"Past one"

"Wait... One in the afternoon?"

Jeez!! I didn't know I could sleep that much.

"No. One in the morning" mom said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.
I noticed I've been doing that a lot lately.

"I wanted to wake you for dinner yesterday but you were sound asleep. I didn't want to disturb you"

"Thanks. I really needed it."

"I figured"

I saw Ruby seated on the floor, putting the arm of a doll in her mouth. She really murdered the doll without showing it any mercy. The legs were nowhere to be found.

I got up from the bed and went to her. I bent and picked her up, removing the poor doll's arm from her tiny hands.

"Rubyyy...I missed you. I'm sure you missed me too "

She smiled and placed her small palm on my cheek. Sometimes I just wished she could understand me. But she can't, right? Or does she?

I guess I'll never know.

I heard my phone buzz on the table. I picked it up.

Incoming video call from Mide❤💕💓💞

I smiled and picked the call.

"Suzie!!!!" She squealed and I had to move the phone away a bit.

"Sheesh!... Do you wanna blow my eardrums?"

"Good afternoon to you too" she said.

Miyah's head popped up from nowhere and she also squealed veerryyy loudly.

"Babyyyyyy!!!!!"

Oh jeez! My poor ears.

"You're with her?"

"Yeah... Wait.. Is that your sister?"

"Yep"

"Awwwwnnnn... She's so cuute"