❤Chapter 24❤

That's Aj up there😊😊
He's fine, right? 😁❤

I'll be introducing a new character later. I'll drop the name and picture when the character comes in.

                 *     *     *     *     *

~Susan~

Adam and I held hands as we got down from the bus. I breathed in the fresh Lagos air. It felt good to be back home.

"Finally!"Adam exclaimed.

"My legs hurt"I whined, turning to face Adam.

"Sorry, babe"he said, cupping my cheeks in his palms.

"Thanks"I said, blushing at the fact that he called me 'babe'. It sounded so foreign coming from him.

Last night was my best night ever. After the whole dance floor saga, Adam and I talked all night, then he walked me back to the hostel.

I was glad that he trusted me enough to let me into his private life and I wished I could do the same.  But I couldn't. I don't have the intention of letting anyone know about Ruby, no matter how close they are to me.

"Suzie!" I heard Mide's voice from a distance.

Her voice attracted a lot of attention, making us all turn to her. She struggled to drag both our boxes to where I was.

"Madam! You just ditched me since yesterday." She said with a pout when she got to us.

I smiled. She was somehow right though.

"Sorry..." I said, moving to collect my box from her.

"Sha take your box. And its because of Adam oh. I'll still sue you for stealing my friend" she said to Adam playfully.

He laughed lightly.
"I'm not stealing her, I promise"

She nodded and smiled before turning to me.
"Are you going home, or you're staying"

"Naahh. I need to get some rest"

"Me too. I'm not even coming tomorrow. Till Monday. I'll sleep throughout." She said, making us laugh.

This is serious. The Mide I know wouldn't miss  school for anything.

"Are you serious?"I said, between laughs.

"Yeah. My ride is here. See you on Monday" she said, moving to give me a hug.

"Okay. Bye"

"Bye, Adam. I'm watching you"

This girl😂

"Yeah.. Bye"

I watched her drag her box to a black jeep that was parked at a distance. A man collected the box from her and she turned to wave at us. I waved back.

"Are you staying in school?" I asked Adam.

"No. I'm going home too."

I made an 'o' sound.

I searched the parking lot with my eyes for my mom's car. I had called her to pick me up earlier.
Just then, I saw her drive in.

"My mom's here" I said.

"Okay... Will you be around tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure."

"I'll call you" he said, planting a kiss on my forehead.