❤Chapter 44❤

Bruises by Lewis capaldi

    ~•°•~•°•~°•°~•°•~•°•~•°•~

I watched in amusement as Ruby tried to get on the bed with difficulty. I got up from the vanity chair and tried to help her up. She screamed so loudly that I had to leave her.

Babies!

Babies could make you go crazy, especially stubborn babies like Ruby.

"Suit yourself then. Just know I won't carry you when you fall." I said to her, as if she could understand me. 

I'd noticed that Ruby always wanted to do things she obviously couldn't do by herself. And if I tried to help, she'd scream or even cry. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing, but I just let her be most of the time.

It was Sunday afternoon. We returned from church just a few minutes ago. I finally went to church with my mom for the first time in months. As usual, I didn't miss the stares and ridiculous questions. But it was fun altogether. I didn't know why i was feeling unusually happy.

Somehow, I was relieved that everyone knew that I had Ruby. It was as if a burden was lifted from my shoulders. I didn't have to hide it or explain to anyone why a young girl like me has a baby, except a couple of people though. I felt lighter in a way, ever since.

Ruby got on the bed successfully and smiled at me.

"Yeah. You did it." I said and shook my head.

I took off my earrings and necklace before proceeding to unzip my gown.

"Baby!" I heard my mom's voice.

"Mom, I'm coming." I shouted back.

I went out of the room to the Kitchen where my mom was.

"Yes, mom." I said when I got to her.

"No. I was..."she began but was cut off when Eniola came in.

"Mom, I'm here." She said.

"Yeah. It wasn't you, Suzie. It was Judith I called."

I looked from my mom, then back to Eniola. I felt pissed that I had to walk all the way from my room for nothing, and that my mom called Eniola 'Baby'.

Like wtf!

"Did you call her baby?" I said.

"Yeah. What is it?"

"I thought it was reserved for only me!" I whined.

"Does it matter? I thought you said I shouldn't call you baby anymore." Mom said.

"So?"

"Suzie, stop acting like a baby. It's not a big deal." Eniola said amidst giggles.

"It is a big deal. I'm the younger one here. I should be called baby."

"You're such a big baby." Mom said as she laughed and shook her head.

"Yes! That's why you should call me baby, not grown ups like Judith."

"Wait o! Who is grown up?"

"You, of course." I said and giggled.

"Small girl like me."

"You're sick. Mom, on a serious note, only I should be called baby, no one else."

"I've heard you."

"It's not fair. I want to be called baby too." Eniola whined playfully with a pout.

"Find another name." I retorted.