❤Chapter 33❤

The beef between I and my friends continued. It's been two days since I spoke to any of then last. I had relocated from my seat to an empty seat at the back. I couldn't stand seeing their faces around me everyday. It would've just made it harder not to talk to them.

Whenever I was bored or started to feel lonely, I just studied. Since our exams were coming up in two weeks. On the brighter side, I was able to read without any distractions whatsoever.

If I still talked to them, I'd have spent most of our free periods talking about irrelevant things. But now, I spent most of my free periods at the library, away from all the noise my classmates never seemed tired of creating.

I was at the library when the bell went off. I packed my books and went out. I heard someone call my name as I walked out.

"Susan.."

I turned back.

Kelvin

"Hey..." I said.

"Hi... Are you going to class?"

"Yeah"

"Okay. Let's go."

We walked on in silence. Only our footsteps could be heard.

"Do you have something to tell me?"I finally said.

"Yeah... Uh... I wanted to apologize for the other day. I said some things I shouldn't have said..."

"It's okay. I'm not angry."

"You're not?"

"Well.. i was. But not anymore."

"Oh.. Thank you."

"It's nothing. You were right though..."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Again, we fell into an awkward silence. I debated in my head whether or not to tell him what Adam said. But I decided against it.

We're not that close yet.

"Why did you tell me?" I said.

"Tell You what?"

"About Adam."

He chuckled, but he didn't say anything.

"Why?..." I said again.

He stopped walking and looked at me. I did the same.

"Because I care about you."

I blinked once, then twice. It's normal for a friend to care about you, right?

Then why was I feeling this way? Why is my heart beating so fast. Why did it feel like he meant something else.

He looked straight into my eyes, like he was trying to tell me something. Or was it my imaginations playing games with me?

I looked away from his boring gaze, my heart beating erratically in my chest. I continued walking with my head to the ground. He also walked beside me in silence.

We got to our class block after a while. Then we began walking down the empty corridor.

"I noticed you aren't talking to your friends..."

I scoffed at his words.

'My friends' indeed.

"Why?"

"I'm sure you've seen the video."

"What video?"

"You didn't see it?"