❤Chapter 41❤

It's not my birthday yet. I know. I just decided to drop this as an appreciation for the 8k reads. I'm still going to upload five chapters on my birthday.

Enjoy! ❤

* * * * *

"I'm sure he likes you too. I think he's just afraid to tell you." Mide said and threw a cheese ball in her mouth.

"He doesn't like me that way. And why would he even be afraid of me? Am I holding a gun or something?" Miyah retorted in frustration.

"But you like him."

"No, I don't."

"You don't know what's wrong with you." Mide said, throwing another ball in her mouth.

"If she says she doesn't like him, then let her be. She's old enough to know when she likes someone, right?" I said, packing up my hair into a messy bun.

"Thank you oh" Miyah said, eyeing the fairer girl who just snickered.

It was exactly twelve midnight. We were having a sleepover at Miyah's place, since we were done with our exams. And just like a normal teenager would do, we resorted to eating junks and talking about life in general.

"Seriously, Suzie. Don't you think Emmy likes Miyah?" Mide said.

"I'm not exactly sure. But if you ask me, I think he does." I replied and got on Miyah's large white bed with them, sitting with my legs crossed under my thighs.

"You too?"Miyah said, looking at me in disbelief.

I raised my hands in mock surrender.
"Just my honest observation."

"Haven't you had enough of this hard girl you've been forming?" Mide asked, placing her hand on Miyah's lap.

"Who's forming hard girl?" Miyah said, wearing a confused look.

"You dunno, girl." I said, patting her shoulder.

Mide rolled her eyes and supported her weight with her elbow.

"Just let her be. She'll come around someday." I said, tearing up my family sized cheese ball pack.

"Besides, what's up with you and Kelvin. You two are getting really close lately." Mide suddenly said.

Oh no.

I'd been avoiding being questioned about Kelvin and I because I didn't even have answers to the questions. I suddenly remembered the peck he gave me and I felt fresh goosebumps sprouting all over me.

"This one that you're blushing. Hope nothing?" Miyah said and I looked at her.

"Am I blushing?"

"See your face now."

Gosh! What's this boy doing to me?!

"I'm suspecting the both of you." Miyah said and I rolled my eyes.

"We're friends. That's all." I said.

"That's what y'all keep saying. Unless 'friend' now has a new meaning."

"I think he likes you." Mide suddenly said.

"What? No. Why would you think that?"

"Apart from David, you're literally the only person he talks to. And I saw him singing for you at the beach. Should I continue?" Mide said and I rolled my eyes.

"Since when did talking and singing to someone mean you like them? He can't like me."

"Kelvin doesn't talk to anyone, not to talk of actually 'singing'"Miyah said, stressing the singing.