❤Chapter 14❤

Our main function in life is to live, not exist

* * * * *
"So you mean you don't understand yoruba"Miyah said.

"Nope... But I'd like to learn"I replied.

After the debate, Miyah, Mide and I stood at the staircase beside our class. That's where most students of our class stayed during free periods. I was leaning on the handrail with my arms folded as we talked.

"I can teach you"Mide said.

"Ehn!"
"Teach who?"
Miyah shouted.

"What? I can teach her"Mide said with a pout.

"Abeg shift. I'm sure Suzie can speak Yoruba more than you"

We laughed together.

"Have you heard Mide speak yoruba?"

"No. Why?"

"Your ears will be itching you"

"What do you mean? Mo le so yoruba(trans-i can speak Yoruba)

We all laughed as she said it. Miyah was right. My ears were itching indeed. It sounded as if she was speaking Hindi.

"You see! Mo le so yoruba"Miyah said, mimicking Mide.

We burst into another round of laughter.

"You're not the only ones here oh. Reduce your voice!"

We all turned to see Eniola and two other girls sitting at the foot of the staircase. I didn't even notice she was the one.

"We are beside our class so we can shout anyhow we like."Miyah said.
This girl has come again with her troubles. I rolled my eyes as she rambled on.

"I know you will talk. Be shouting like an animal!"Eniola said and hissed.

"Just shut up like that, who are you calling an animal? Besides, what are you even doing here? Don't you have a classroom. If we're disturbing you, just go to your class"Miyah said, glaring at her.

"I'll stay anywhere I like. It's not your father that built this school. He can't even afford it sef"

Miyah charged at her but we were quick to hold her before she beats up the poor girl.

"What's wrong with you, Eniola? Must you always run your mouth"Mide said.

"Oh please. So you can talk now, I can see you're no more crying."

"Just shut up"Mide said.

"Awww... She's about to cry, cry baby, cry"

She climbed up the stairs to Mide and started making silly faces at her. When I was actually beginning to think she was better than I thought, she just proved my thoughts about her. Whatever good thoughts I had about her diminished immediately. I swear I'll punch Adam if he tells me she's nice again.

I've had enough of all these😤.

"Eniola or whatever you call yourself. Please don't start. You can see that we are in a happy mood, don't ruin it for us."