❤Chapter 16❤

Kelvin 😘😘😘

* * * * *

"....Domestic violence has been one of the most common triggers of drug abuse. Victims of such emotional or physical abuse do not usually seek help. They may engage in drugs to forget their problems. However, victims are unaware that the use of drugs worsens their problems since it leads to addiction, which needs to be treated...."

I stood in front of the class with Kelvin, as we did our presentation. I glanced at Mr Ahmed occasionally to see him smiling and nodding his head in approval. The students paid rapt attention as I spoke.

I stopped to let Kelvin continue.

"Every member of the society has a role to play in solving the problem of drug abuse. Appropriate measures should be implemented to discourage it, which includes communication with teenagers, stricter laws against drug trafficking,....."

In less than two minutes, we rounded off our presentation earning us a round of applause from the students. I looked at Kelvin and smiled at him. I looked away before he smiled back. Not like he would anyway.

"Good job. You both did a very good job. I'm impressed. I give you eight out of ten marks"

Niceee😁

The students were still clapping as we went back to our seats. I could now walk on my own without the crutches, but I still limped a bit.

Mr Ahmed went out after a while. I packed my books into my locker. It was break time. Miyah turned to me and gave me a thumbs up.

"You did great. Well done"

"Thanks."

"Tell ice to join us for lunch na"

"Ice?"

"Your partner... em.. Kelvin"

I laughed before replying her. Ice indeed. The nickname fitted him perfectly.

"Is that what you call him? "

"Everyone calls him ice. Some people don't even know his real name"

It really happens. There are times when you are used to calling some people with their nicknames that you don't even know the person's actual name 😂😂.

"Cool nickname though. It explains a lot about him."

"I don't like the guy "Miyah said with irritation.

Miyah has started her unnecessary beefs. She just told me to invite him for lunch, now she doesn't like him.

"Why?"

"He's too quiet for my liking. He doesn't even smile. So pompous...."

"Miyah! You can't hate someone because of their attitude. That's just the way he is."

"You sound like you know him"

"I don't know anything about him but he doesn't seem 'pompous' like you say he is."I said, stressing the 'pompous'.

"Yes ma. Are you still calling him or not? I'm hungry"

No wonder. An hungry man is and angry man. An hungry girl in her own case.

"Just go. I'll meet you in the cafeteria"

"Okay. Take your time. Cracking the ice might be tough"she said with a wink as she went out of the class.

I laughed at her silly remark as I went to kelvin. He was so engrossed in the novel he was reading that he hadn't noticed my presence. I bent and whispered in his ear.