❤Chapter 31❤

This chapter is dedicated to AbejoyeTaiwoAdePsalm and Huzzy77777
My lovely readers 😊😊❤❤❤

Y'all should check out 'The platform'. It's not a story but a platform, just as the name indicates. It's hosted by
I_am_Jazzy and Timilehin06

I can't actually say I'm back from my break. I just have the opportunity to update once in a while. I might not update for two weeks if I don't have the time.

Anyways...let's see how it all goes.

                 *      *      *      *      *
"Damn it!" I swore.

I was in the middle of basketball practice but I wasn't concentrating. Everything just seemed off, I wasn't myself. I just made a stupid mistake while playing defense, making the player I was guarding to score.

The coach walked to me and I sighed, expecting a reprimand.

"When your player has the ball, you need to give them a little more space so you have time to react. Remember, arm's length."

"Yes, coach" I said.

"If you position yourself at arm's length, you will be able to stop their dribble penetration, just like we practiced last Thursday."

I nodded and sighed again.

"Suzie, are you okay?" Sarah said.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks."

I walked to the bleachers and carried my bag. I took out a bottle of water and downed it. As I dropped the bottle, I felt a pair of hands wrap around me from behind.

Adam

I would recognize his scent anywhere in the world. 

I turned to him and smiled.

"Hey..." I said.

"How're you?"

"Fine, I guess" I said with a sigh and released myself from his hold.

"What're you doing here? Don't you have football practice?"

"No. I came to watch you play."

"Really?" I said, blushing.

"Yeah..."

"Adam boo!!!"

We heard a loud squeal I suddenly felt a strong push, almost sending me to the ground. I was quick to regain my balance.

Ella!!! 

I screamed her name inwardly and I felt like beating her to a pulp. I glared daggers at her as she held onto Adam tightly, saying some rubbish I couldn't hear.

"Suzie. Are you alright?" Adam said.

"Took you long enough.." I said with a scoff.