❤Chapter 2❤️

Up there's a picture of Aramide(I love the name😍😍). Don't worry, you'll get to know her in this chapter.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My heart raced as my mom's car zoomed into the premises of Greater heights college. I couldn't quite place a name on the feeling I had.

Anxiety?

Excitement?

Or both?

Mom drove into the parking lot and parked the car. I admired the flowers that lined the parking lot, forming a U shape. It was beautiful.

"So... We're here". Mom told me, unbuckling her seat belt.

I remained silent as I got down and followed her into the main school compound. I admired the surroundings as we walked into the main premises.

"It's beautiful"I said.

"I told you.. You'll love it here"

"I never said I love it. I'm only admiring its beauty". I sassed.

As we walked on, i noticed the few students we met on the way staring at me and murmuring to themselves, which I guessed was because I was on mufti, which indicated I was a new student.

"Good morning ma" They greeted my mom.

"Good morning." Mom greeted back, while I just nodded.

We got to the administrative block and headed to the principal's office.

"Be nice"mom told me as she knocked.

"Come in". A male voice called from the office.

I took in deep breaths as we went in.

"Mrs Williams, welcome. I've been expecting you. I thought you wouldn't make it today" The man whom I guessed was the principal said to my mom with a big smile.

I accessed the man's features in a quick glance. He'd probably be in his late forties or early fifties. He had a big belly and he wore a weird pair of glasses. Just the perfect principal figure.

"Sorry we're late. The traffic was heavy."Mom said returning the smile.

"Noo.. It's okay. Do have a seat."

We sat on the chairs facing the table.

"And you must be Susan, its good to finally meet you".

I looked at him and forced a smile. I wasn't really in my best mood that morning.

"Say something" Mom whispered to me, nudging me with her elbow.

"Yes, I am. Its nice to meet you too"I said, my lips widening into a strained smile.

"Okay, so you'll be in Ss2A" he said, flipping a file in front of him.

"Ss2?, I thought it was Ss1"mom said.

I gave her a look that said, 'mom, seriously??!!'.

"Of course not. Looking at her grades here and her age also, she should be in Ss2."

'Thank goodness"I murmured.

I looked down at my fingers, fiddling with the hem of my skirt as the principal made a call. Minutes later, we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened, a girl walked in. She looked around the room and her eyes met mine. She gave me a light smile and before I could return it, she turned to the principal.