❤Chapter 17❤

Miyah and I sat in the bleachers as we watched the students jogging around and doing all kinds of exercise on the field. It was Wednesday morning. We were all dressed in navy blue tracksuits. The school organised morning exercise every Wednesday morning, which meant no assembly.

Most of the senior students were sitting in the bleachers while some were conducting the juniors in the exercise. By senior students, I mean the SS2 and SS3. It feels good to be a senior. You can make things go your way without anyone questioning you.

The seniors usually didn't participate in the exercise with some lame excuse of having health issues. Just how the hell will more than fifty students have health issues?!. I'm sure the teachers didn't buy it. They just decided to let them be.

I watched as Mide and Feyi were conducting some junior students. They were doing jumping jacks. Feyi was holding a cane and she didn't waste time in lashing anyone who faulted.

"Feyi will kill these children oh. See the way she's beating them. Just imagine." Miyah said, scoffing over and over again.

"She's not even a prefect. Not like she'd become one anyways."She said again.

I laughed at the way Miyah was fuming beside me.

"If you're that angry, go and tell her to stop beating them"I said.

"I'll go oh. You think I can't go?"

"I didn't say so"

"Watch me"

She got up and walked swiftly towards them. I watched in curiosity as she was talking to Feyi. She looked like she was going to beat the girl. They were having a very deep stare down. I laughed to myself as Mide tried to stop them from moving close to each other while the juniors looked on innocently.

I noticed a shadow hovering over me and I looked up. It was Adam. We've not really had time to talk since what happened on Monday.

He sat beside me and I heard him sigh. I expected him to at least say something. He just remained silent, looking at the students on the field and I did the same.

"I'm sorry" he finally said after a while.

"For?"I replied without turning to face him.

"Trying to.... yunno.. I was too hasty. I'm sorry I.. "

"I'm not mad at you"

"I know you are. Your expression says it all"

I don't even know the right words to describe the expression I had on.

"I'm not. But it's okay... Seriously."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Its fine"

I don't know why but I was suddenly reminded of Ryan. The memories rushed in my head and I just wished they would stop. I thought I was over that phase of my life. I took in deep breaths to calm myself. I quickly blinked back the tears burning my eyes before Adam notices.

As if on cue, the bell was rang, signalling the end of the morning exercise. Miyah came back and I quickly got up.

"I'll see you around. Miyah let's go" I said, holding her hand and pulling her along with me.

"Are you okay?"She said.

"Yeah. I'm fine"

"Did he say something?"

"No. It's all good."

She didn't believe me but she decided to just keep quiet which I was grateful for. I was afraid I'd burst into tears if she continued asking me.