"See you Again 2"

Franciso

Nahampas ko ang steering wheel out of Frustration. Bakit ba ang traffic dito sa Pilipinas. I keep on staring at the taxi Elaine rode when she left the house.

I know I gave her time to heal. I promised her that I will let her go to heal but I need to make sure na okay lang talaga ito and now here I am chasing the tail of the taxi she rode making sure she's safe.

Nawawala na ang sasakyan sa paningin ko and I can't help but mutter a curse when a car overtake me parang gusto kung sumigaw sa inis.

SHIT!!!!

Good thing na alam kong papunta ito sa airport as I saw her checking for scheduled flights on her phone ang hindi ko lang alam ay kung saan talaga ito pupunta. Ang end destination nito, the reason why I'm trying to catch up to her. I will try my best to board her flight. Kahit chance passenger lang.

_____

Miss saan papunta ang flight na to?

"Cebu po Sir"

"Book me a ticket for this flight"

____

"Tita anong sabi nang babae?"

"Sino?"

"Yung kausap mo kanina. Yung naka dress nang pink"

"Ahhh... Nag hahanap nang mauupahan, kaso namahalan ata nang Renta eh umalis agad"

"Pwede nyo po bang tawagin ulit babayaran ko na lang ho ang 5 buwan na Renta"

"Ah, dagdagan ko na rin po. Make sure to buy groceries for her. Sabihin mo complimentary sa pag upa"

Ewan nga lang kung maniwala ito.

____

I followed her like a fool. Kahit gabi na ay hinihintay kong matapos ang session nito at hinahatid pauwi kahit hindi nito alam. At least alam ko na siguradong okay lang ito.

I stayed in Cebu for a week. I waited for her to settle properly at maging komportable sa lugar. Making sure that her environment is safe. Hiningi ko din ang number nang land lady nito and ask her to check Elaine for me.

Making sure she's eating right and doing fine. I gave her extra cash for extra work.

All for Elaine.

Wala itong kaalam alam na nandito ako sa lugar.

I practically became a stalker as what Cole say.

Every week or whenever I have a chance pumupunta ako sa Cebu just to see her. Just a glimpse of her smile can energize me again for the whole week or until I see her again.

Just hearing her sing makes me happy.

She still have that angelic voice that could make me calm. That could make me believe in miracle. She made me believe in miracle.

She's my miracle.

Andon lang ako parati sa isang madilim na sulok making sure she will not notice me. Minsan nag tatama ang mga mata namin but whenever that happens I leave immediately. Para akalain nito na guni-guni lang nito ang lahat and I think she thinks so too cause she never suspected it.

She never asked me.

I can see she's enjoying her life and I'm happy for her but God! I miss her so much. I want to feel her warmth next to me. I want to feel her heart beat against my palm. I miss her scent and I want to see her face every morning I wake up.

_____

"Kamusta sya" I asked Cole. We're on a bar of the hotel were staying. Drinking.

He scoffed and laughed at my question.

"as if naman hindi mo alam, you're like a dog following her around and I bet nandoon ka din kanina nang kinausap ko sya. Don't you trust me man? Kahit alone time lang kay Elaine ay hindi mo maibigay sa akin, remember I knew her first and she's still my best friend"

"I'm a jealous prick you know that at isa pa I know you still like her"

"Nahhh, Alam ko namang wala na akong pag-asa, I like her all right but for now I know I can only limit my self for brotherly love."

"That's good to hear. How about you? how's Madison Cole?" I sense him suddenly became tensed. Sabi ko na nga ba may kakaiba sa dalawa.

"What about her?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Come on I know you like her"

"She has a boyfriend"

"You just don't learn from your mistakes do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean , would you like to be the loser?

"Again?"

"You know because your too complacent you lost to me"

He darted his gaze at me. I just chuckled. Mapapatay ata ako sa nasabi ko. I know I was brutal but I was just being brutally honest.

He needs to wake up.

We may be rivals before but Cole and I became good friends. I don't want him to regret his decisions and I know what he and Madison had was deep. He may have not acknowledge it but I can see and feel how he reacts with just the mention of her name.

He needs to get his act together so he'll not end up losing again.

He clenched on his drink with what I said but relaxed later.

"Lets not talk about her okay. Are you ready for tomorrow?"

I gave out a nervous laugh. "I think I will never be ready for tomorrow"

_____

Elaine

I yawned and stretched my arms up to my head. Anong oras na ba? I stared at the digital clock on my bedside table and knotted my forehead. 7:00 am. Ang aga pa para magising ako.

As I always stay out late singing I wake up late as well.

When I heard the door bell rang again nagising ako. Hindi pala ako nananaginip. May tao talaga sa labas.

I lazily got up, sa totoo lang ay inaantok pa ako. I wasn't able to sleep properly sa kakaisip kay Franciso at sa pagkabigla nang pagdating ni Cole.

Si aleng Gloria siguro ito. My landlady. From time to time kasi ay dinadalhan nya ako nang mga gulay. Galing daw sa farm nila. Good thing nga yun at kahit papano nakakatipid ako.

Dumeretso na ako sa pintuan and when I opened it nadagdagan ang aking pagtataka.

"Hellloooooo?" I awkwardly called out.