Painful Past 2

2 years ago.

Mukhang nagtatampo naman ang langit sa mundo. It was raining for 3 consecutive days and he doesn't care. Everyday is a wonderful day as he gets to wake up with his beloved beside him.

He reached to his side to smell the sweetness of his wife. It has been 2 months since they got married and he could not get any happier. He could not get enough of his wife.

Naramdaman siguro nitong gising na sya kaya bigla itong humarap sa kanya kissing the tip of his nose.

"Good morning honey" sabi nito.

Yes it is indeed a good morning regardless of the moody weather.

"honey? Parang hindi maganda ang pakiramdan ko this past few days. Can we buy some medicine later?"

"No problem, " Siguro sumama ang pakiramdan nito dahil sa panahon. Colds and flu are common for this season.

They got up. She started preparing for their breakfast. The usual eggs, bacon, hotdog and freshly squeezed orange juice. Also everyday, She takes time to prepare his clothes for work.

This is the life! . That was he thought. Hindi ba at ang ganda nang umaga pag mukha nang mahal mo ang una mong makikita sa umaga?Greeting him with her lovely scene and smiling face. This life is very fulfilling with her by his side everything is perfect. He cannot ask for anything more. He truly is contented of what he has.

They started the day together , ate together and would go to the hospital together. Why not? They are in the same field of work. Their lives are connected. Like a match made in heaven.

"I will go to the office to check on my patients, are you sure you are okay here?"

He is a pediatrician and his patients are kids. Siguro kung may kulang man sa pagsasama nilang mag asawa at sa kanyang buhay, iyon ay magkaroon nag anak then his life would be consider perfect.

"Do not worry, I can surely take care of my self. I will go to your office later, let's have lunch together?"

He just nodded. Hugged her tightly and went on with his work.

Little did Francisco know that Genevie has not been feeling well because of the possibility of being pregnant.

She is already 2 weeks delayed and honestly requested a leave from the hospital today for a thorough checkup. She did not tell it to him so that he will not be disappointed if ever the result comes out as negative.

After waiting almost an hour for the result, she could not get be any happier. Well you guess it right ! She is indeed pregnant. She cannot wait to tell the good news to her husband but she needs to keep it a secret for now . Just for a few hours. She would like to announce the news in a special way. Nag text sya kay Francisco telling him that she needs to go home early as she was not feeling well. He bought her reasons. He was quite worried about her though. She can tell it in his voice but she assured him that she is okay.

She needs to prepare for the big surprise . Surely he will be ecstatic.

Francisco looked at his wristwatch. It is almost 5:30 and almost out. Everyday is an excitement for him to go home as he will be going home with his wife but for today it's different. Genevie texted him earlier that she went home ahead as she was not feeling well.

While on his way out, he saw his college buddy. Matagal na noong huli silang magkita and the usual happened. Nagkayayaan silang mag inuman as they know they have a lot of things to catch up with. He called Genevie to ask her if she is now feeling better and if it is okay to stay out late. Kinwento nya kng bakit biglaan syang nagpaalam na lumabas and she agreed without another word.

That was what he liked about her. She does not nag and trust him a lot. Hindi rin naman sya gagawa ng dahilan para paghinalaan sya or masira ang kanilang pamilya. God knows how much he loves her.

Dahil gabi na at alam nang asawa na medyo nakainom, Genevie personally went out para sunduin sya. Hindi safe magmaneho kapag nakainom. Insist ni Genevie though he knows for himself that he is somehow sober and can still drive. She does not get angry everytime na uminom sya but today he can feel that she is somehow... annoyed?

He can feel it in her gaze. Those lovely eyes is staring at him like he will have a good beating at home.

"Are you okay?" He ask worried. Para kasing may iba sa asawa. He reached out to touch her face and he smiled when he felt her warmth.

" I am okay" She replied, Took his hand with her right hand letting her left one maneuver the steering wheel. She took it and intertwined their hands together.

She looked at him lovingly and told him " I love you Francisco "

Before he could respond to her words, before he could say that he love her back , he was blinded by a light then suddenly there was a loud crash. Everything happened so fast. Before he knew it , everything went black.

The last thing he saw was his wife on the drivers seat . Blood dripping on her beautiful face and eyes wide open  with no visible expression nor emotion. He wanted to reach her but before he could he passed out ...