"Chapter 10 I love Yous and Nos"

She is more worried rather than disappointed. Hindi nya inalis ang mga mata kay Francisco habang kumakanta and saw the panic, fear and pain registered in his dark brown eyes. 

When she saw him shake his head hard and stand up abruptly, she instantly know that something is going on with him. Ang hindi nya lang alam ay kung ano. They were happily talking a while ago.

She stopped singing and apologize to the band and the people around. Parang nag effort pa naman ang staff nang lugar para ma set ang mood sa pagkanta nya kanina. Ni request nya kasi yun para extra special as the night had been more than special.

It was magnificent.

She then immediately rushed out of the place and look for Francisco. Nilibot nya ang paningin and found him senselessly walking  on the shoreline.

"Francisco" She shouted as she called his name. He stopped on his tracked he heard her and looked at her. She ran towards him and when she caught up , she was out of breath.

"May problema ba?" nag-aalalang tanong nya dito.

He stayed silent for a while just staring at her and when he found his voice, he broke down.

" I tried to be strong. Alam ko mahirap but I tried. Elaine, I tried hard to be okay" When he looked at her he is already crying. Anguish and distress is in his voice. 

" I thought kaya ko na but the past, the memories are haunting me" He continued. Maybe his knees couldn't take it anymore. He slumped and  sat on the sand.

"Sometimes I feel fine or I might think I am but you know what ? deep down alam ko I am not okay at all. I know I act strong, you may think I'm strong but that's a sham. I feel like dying in each and every moment" 

She squatted down and hugged him. She can feel him shaking and trembling. When she felt him relaxed umupo sya sa tabi nito . Hindi sya tumingin dito . She kept her eyes forward. He's a man, he may not want for anyone to see him so vulnerable.

"Alam mo bilib nga ako sa iyo eh, sa lahat nang na experience  mo andito ka parin. Imagine if it happened with someone else? siguro sumuko na iyon at nag good bye world oh bye Philippines na." She chuckled to lighten up the mood.

"I will not say your lucky kasi obvious naman na hindi but you know what, the strongest people are the one who feels pain , understands it and accept it. Kanya nga idol kita, your the strongest person I know.  I like how you stayed strong with all the trauma you experienced."

"Alam kong masakit ang nangyari" she continued

"but I think it is best to accept it. Hindi ko naman pwedeng sabihin na kalimutan mo kasi mahirap naman talaga iyon but accepting it will slowly heal you. By only accepting it you can move forward. Naalala ko nga ang sabi nang teacher ko dati, nothing is real in this world except for this moment. Yesterday was a memory, you can choose to either remember the good ones or the bad ones and tomorrow is just our imagination." Tahimik lang itong nakikinig sa kanya kaya patuloy lang siya sa pagsasalita.

"We may have plans for the future but we don't know if we'll live to fulfill it. Kaya para akin it is better to live for the moment kasi ayon lang ang sigurado. No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again." madrama nyang sabi. Not minding the mood pero sa totoo lang iniisip nya na parang ang talino at sensible nya ngayon.

Ganito ba talaga ang nagagawa nang seryosong usapan? or ganito lang talaga ang epekto ni Francisco sa kanya? Making the best out of her.

"Thank you. I don't know what's with you but you make me feel okay  and oddly calm every time you talk to me"

"Sus, dinadaan lang kita sa ganda ko, nadadala ka naman" 

" I think I'll do that from now on"

"Do what?"

" Yung think of  happy memories instead of the sad one. I was happy and I know I should be thankful dahil naranasan kung maging masaya regardless of how painful it was indeed. Also with live and appreciate life every moment. Tama ka nga, tomorrow is unsure, I can attest to it."

"Tama nga ako" She spoke proudly.

"So I'll do one thing I have been wanting to do "

" Sige ano ba yun? " Game nyang tanong " gusto mo samahan kita o tulungan kita?"

"This" Iyon lang ang sinabi ni Francisco then grabbed her neck and kissed her. She was taken aback. Nablanko ang kanyang utak not knowing what to do.

Should she pushed him away or let him kiss her? God, this is her first kiss. She doesn't know how to respond. She stayed still not knowing what to do with this handsome man still kissing her gently.

"Close your eyes" He mumbled in between his kisses at dahil masunorin  syang nilalang she did. She closed her eyes and savored the moment.

This may not be the same as she imagined what her first kiss would be but this is so romantic. She can indeed feel the butterflies in her tummy. Hindi nya alam kung dahil sa nerbyos o dahil sa sobrang excitement.

This may have been the sweetest thing she experience. He may have been the sweetest one.

He started biting and nibbling her lower lips urging her to respond.

When she was about to return his kiss, bigla itong tumigil at tumitig sa kanya.

" If this will be your last day wouldn't you want to kiss me back?" He asked her in a teasing tone.

Hindi nya alam kung anong ispirito ang sumapi sa kanya but damn, she did not think twice. Sya na mismo ang tumawid nang distansya sa kanilang mukha. She heard him chuckled after.

Maybe it's human instinct but after a while she got the ryhtm of kissing.

Wala syang pinagsisihan. Ito ang best first kiss ever.

Being intoxicated by the overwhelming feeling and by the kiss,Wala na syang paki sa mundo. para syang nka drugs na high. Parang nasa alapaap na lumilipad. Baka ito ang sinasabi nilang sinful bliss?

Both tasting and feeling the sweetness of each others cavern. Biting and nibbling. Her heart almost dropping.

When she is almost out of breath he stopped and cupped her face and looked into her eyes and said

" I love you" lovingly with all his emotions already up on his sleeves.