Painful Past 4

That week was the worst.

He woke up in the hospital with a heart wrenching news that he lost his wife. How did it felt? Yes damn! He felt like hell. He wished he could have died right then , right there. With her. Then he might still be happy together with her even in the afterlife.

After hearing that news akala nya wala nang mas malala pa sa nangyari sa kanya but when he returned home, alam nyu ba kung anong sumalubong sa kanya? A banner hanging from the ceiling welcoming his return and reads

"Congratulations Daddy"

Sa ibabaw ng dining table ay ibat ibang pagkain that he can assume panis na dahil halos 7 days na ang lumipas mula nang lutuin ito ng asawa. Mabigat ang mga paang lumakad sya patungo sa lamesa and examined it, there he saw a piece of paper. He started reading it and when he saw what the test was about he forcedfully sucked in ample amount of air. Suddenly parang hindi na sya makahinga. It was a pregnancy test done that morning and the result?

POSITIVE.

Suddenly, His knees turned to jelly. It was weak. Wala syang lakas , all he could do was wail, scream and cry his heart out.

"I am sorry honey, I am really really sorry" Paulit ulit nyang usal.

" This is all my fault" Yes he blamed his self for everything that had happened. Kung hindi lang sya lumabas at uminom kasama ang kaibigan. This would have never happened. She would still be here cuddling him to sleep . Saying sweet and comforting words for him.

"Damn, Damn , Damn"

From that day onward, he started to hate life. He started to hate living. If he could only die then he can truly find peace.

Napangiti sya nang mapait sa mga alaalang iyon . Those supposed to be beautiful memories became his nightmare. Oo, madalas nyang napapanaginipan ang asawa at palagi nalang ay nagigising sya nang may matinding lungkot at pagsisisi.

Since that day, ang bahay na nagsilbing haven nya ay parang naging isang preso. Always haunting him with his wife's images of cooking, cleaning and laughing with him. He could not take another month nor week living on that housed as to why he immediately left their home. The home where he used to plan and envision his future with Genevie and with their kids running around with their little feet on the Sala. Jumping up and down on the bed every morning while trying to wake them up.

How ironic life is. Ang driver na nakabangga sa kanila ay lasing. Drunk driving ang iniwasan nang asawa nya para sa kanya kaya sinundo  sya nito  and at the end of the day sila pa pala ang mababangga nang lasing. Life must have been playing a cruel joke on him. It must be laughing hard right now.

Tumingin sya sa langit. It resemble his feelings. Dark and gloomy. Mukha nga namang uulan ulit.

After a while it indeed started drizzling then out of nowhere he asked Him.

" Kung may plano ka para sa buhay ko , pwede muna bang sabihin sa akin kung anu?"

After feeling the droplets of rain on his face, umagos din ang ilang butil nang luha sa kanyang pisngi. Still in trance ... suddenly out of nowhere he heard a loud honking of a truck or is it a car. Dahil doon ay biglang naputol ang pagdaloy nang alala nang kanyang nakaraan and woke him up from his reverie of the past. 

When he looked around he saw someone shouting and screaming at him. A woman in a yellow sunflower printed dress standing just across the street and frantically waiving her hands for him to see. Hindi nya alam kong ano at bakit kinukuha nito ang kanyang atensyon. The first thing he notice is how brave of her to dress up like this. Wow the guts of the woman wearing summer dress on a rainy day. 

He cannot really make out of what she is saying kahit anong pilit nyang unawain ito. All he could hear is the noise of the vehicles and the drizzle of the rain. He is not really sure. He is still in daze. 

Pagkatapos nang ilang sandaling pag-iisip kung anu ang sinasabi nang dalaga, out of the blue, she dashed rapidly forward to his direction and with forced she plunged onto him dragging him out of the road . Doon nya na realize, muntik na pala syang masagasaan dahil sa kanyang katangahan.

The driver of the car opened his window and shouted" Kung magpapakamatay ka doon ka sa tulay wag kang mandamay " After he shouted those words he closed his window and sped away.

That is when his senses came back . He looked at his savior and can sense the irritation in her eyes while murmuring some words he cannot understand. Isa lang ang kanyang alam, for sure minumura sya nito.