True... Up there, in Heaven, we don't need to eat to survive.

I shook my head with a defiant huff, "I just want Chicken Alfredo. There is nothing more to it."

Kaileb chuckled, "Sure."

"It's true!" I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

When our waiter came, we all ordered. I couldn't help but feel a chill down my back when he left. Was I being paranoid? I had to of been. This restaurant was perfectly normal. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

Stop worrying.

When our food arrived, the waiter placed two spaghetti's down, one without meatballs, and one with, along with two plates of Chicken Alfredo's.

I don't know why I'm worrying so much. Nothing is wrong. I told myself as I scoop a mouthful of noodles into my mouth.

Kaileb was staring at my food with a frown, before his eyes grew wide, "FUCK!" He yelled loudly as he suddenly stood upright.

We all jumped in surprise, "W-What?" I questioned with a mouthful of food.

"Can't you smell it!?!" Kaileb hollered, and without a warning, he leaned over the table and grabbed my jaw. "Spit it out!!!"

I stared at him with horror and wide eyes, "Why!?! Have you gone mad? Let go of me! This is mine!"

"Poison! I can smell it in your food! Now spit it out unless you want to be a dead angel!"

My face grew pale. Did he just say, poison? Was this what poison tasted like? I just assumed all human food tasted this gross.

I pulled away from Kaileb and spit up into my napkin. I then took a sip of water, gargled for a few seconds, before spitting it back into the cup.

"Can somebody tell me what's going on?" Carmen asked as she pushed her food away. "Did you just say that his food was poisoned."

"Yes. Somebody put poison in Gabe's food. I don't think it's normal poison though, it smells different." Kaileb said with a frown. "It's probably angel poison. Designed especially to kill his kind."

"Well, you could have just told me. You didn't have to grab my jaw like a maniac."

"You would have swallowed," Kaileb answered with a frown.

"I don't understand. Why would somebody put poison in his food?" Sophia asked quietly. She too had pushed her food away.

Because a bunch of demons want all the angels down here, dead.

"I guess I can explain...." I said as I leaned back against my seat. I had no choice but to.
***
I went on explaining about Layla's warning, and when I finished, they were are all staring at me with their jaws dropped.

"No way! So you're like, in danger?" Kaileb asked with a frown, "By demons?"

Yes, by 'your' stupid kind.

I nodded.

"I thought I smelt a demon." Huffed Kaileb as he shook his head. "I should have just gone with my instincts."

"Wait, was the waiter a demon?" Carmen asked as her brother gave a little nod.

"He was. If a demon is after you, then you're outta luck." Kaileb said to me as he took a bite of his food. He didn't seem to worry about his food being poisoned. He probably would have smelt it if it was. "Oh, and nice knowing you, Angel Boy."

I glared at him, "Not funny."

"You can't go up until you complete your mission, right, Gabe? What is it? We'll help you." Carmen said as she glanced over to me.

I was about to respond when I saw Sophia's cheeks heat red. Would it be insensitive of me it I told Carmen what Sophia's wish was?

"I can't tell anyone," I lied.

No, angels weren't supposed to lie, but everyone had to lie at some point, right? Besides, what if the truth jeopardized Sophia's and Carmen's friendship, and possibly Sophia's and Kaileb's potential future friendship. (That being said, if she could ever be friends with a jerk like him.)

"Well... Just be careful, okay? If that waiter was a demon, then there are probably more lurking around." Carmen said as she gazed around worriedly.

I nodded. She was right. I had to be careful, and not to mention, could I even trust Kaileb? He was a demon after all... What if he was secretly working with one of the demons that were trying to kill us angels?

Gah! Stop overthinking everything! I told myself as I shook the thoughts away.

I didn't have time to focus on demons. I needed to focus on completing my mission. If I couldn't complete my mission within a month, than I would never become an official angel.

Why does my life have to be so difficult?

[ Yay, okay, another chapter! Lemme know what you think, and fav this!!! It'll be much appreciated! ^^ ]