Chapter 70

Gabby's POV

"Okay, so remember, I want you back next week on Monday to check on you," said Stefania and I nodded. "Yes, ma'am," I said as I signed the discharge papers. "Also, I gave your mom a couple of therapists that I think would be good for you," she said. "Thank you," I said grabbing my things. "My pleasure," she said smiling. "See you at your mom's?" Auntie Mac asked and I shook my head. "No, but I'll see you in a few days," I said. "Ready?" Lexi asked and I nodded. "Let's get out of here," I said as we made our way out of the hospital. Lexi drove us to our penthouse. I haven't talked to my moms after our argument. They've tried to call me and came to visit but I wouldn't let them see me. I might be selfish, but I don't understand why they don't want me to be happy. I also got in contact with the lawyer and I will be testifying against Marco tomorrow. Lexi doesn't think I should, but I can't risk letting that fucker out. After all of what he's done. After all, he did to me and to the people I cared about! I cannot be weak. I cannot let him affect me. I am a Hart, and I will show him that he can't break me.

He might've hurt me, tortured me, humiliated me, but that won't happen again. I won't let him. "Babe!!!" Lexi said shaking me. "Sorry, I was thinking," I said. "We're home," she said and I nodded. We walked back inside our penthouse and when I turned the lights on, it feels like I never left. The others aren't here, as we make our way to our room, Lexi grabbed my hand. I turned around and she wraps her arms around me burying her face on my chest. "I missed you so much," she said crying and I stroke her hair smiling. "I missed you too," I tell her. I pick her up bridal style and she lets out a soft scream. "Put me down! You're gonna hurt yourself," she said and I kiss her. "Hush," I said walking inside our room. I gasp, she decorated our room and had a big poster right above or bed that said. 'Welcome home, my love.' I looked at her and she smiled at me blushing. "You did this for me," I asked her and she nodded smiling. "Of course I did!" She says and I kiss her again.

I lay her in bed carefully, without breaking our kiss. The kiss is soft but firm. I do everything to put all of my love in this kiss. I want to show her how much I love her. I place myself between her legs and deepen the kiss. I missed being this close to her, and by the way, her body is reacting, she missed me too. I can't get enough of her, and I think I never will. We keep kissing, slowly, taking our time. Enjoying each other, not rushing to take our clothes off. "I'm so used to having you close to me that I kept turning to talk to you just to face empty space," I muttered against her lips ducking my head down into the crook of their neck, inhaling deeply. "I- I've missed you too," she said stroking my hair. "Am I too heavy?" I asked her and I can hear her laughed. "No, not at all," she said kissing the top of my head. "Can we stay like this?" I asked. "As long as you want," she said and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Lexi's POV

The warmth of her skin is so comforting that makes it so hard to keep my eyes open. I feel like if I close them she's going to disappear, even though I know she isn't going anywhere. I am so happy to have her back in my arms. She's been asleep for while now, I can't bring myself to wake her. She looks so peaceful, and she doesn't get to sleep like this often. She usually wakes up sweating, shaking, and crying. It breaks my heart watching her break like that. I keep stroking her hair, leaving sweet kisses on the top of her head. She mumbles my name and smiles. I didn't think I could fall this hard for anyone but Gabby loved to prove me wrong and I'm not complaining! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm going to propose after all this mess is dealt with.

She opens her eyes and kisses my neck. "Didn't mean to fall asleep," she said and I smiled. "It's okay," I said. "Wanna order pizza?" She asked and I nodded. She grabs her phone and calls the pizza place. We make our way downstairs to the dining room and Gabby got us something to drink from the fridge. I took a glance over to where she was and she was just standing there, staring inside the fridge. "It's everything okay, babe?" I asked but she didn't move. "Babe?" I tried again. I got up from my chair and made my way to where she was. As I got closer I saw what she was staring at. None of us had been in the penthouse since Gabby was hospitalized, so I didn't check the fridge. Bri was the only that came back to bring the stuff of our fridge over to the mansion so they wouldn't go to waste. It totally slipped my mind and I'm mentally slapping myself right now. Her beer is in there and I'm sure that her stronger liquor is on the top cabinets. She was shaking and her breathing was uneven.