Chapter 42

Lexi's POV

Gabby is acting like a brat, why would she just take off and leave. We had an argument, yes, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I mean I did forget her birthday and I hate myself for doing that and I want to apologize but how am I supposed to apologize if she isn't even here? I heard the door opened and Bri slammed the door so hard that Tina rushed out the kitchen scared. Tina isn't talking to me either, Bri looked at me for a few seconds and then locked herself in the bathroom. I looked over at the clock and it was late. She didn't go to practice or anything. Has something happened to Gabby? Tina must've read my mind and hurried to the door. "Leave me alone," she said her voice cracking a little. Tina started pacing around the room, not knowing what to do. "Don't worry," I said and she looked over at me. "None of this would've been happening if you had shown up!" She said. "But I did," I said. "When you remembered, it took you long enough to remember that your girlfriend's birthday was the day you were on a nice dinner with your lying ex-girlfriend," she said angrily.

*Flashback*

"I'm so happy you've been spending time with me," Holly said smiling. "Yeah, it's like old times," I said. "Yeah without the dating part," Holly said and I nodded. "So how are things with your girl?" She asked. "It's alright, she's kinda mad at me," I said. "Because we've been hanging out a lot?" She asked and I nodded. "Let's go for a walk," she said and we got up. We walked around the lake, the breeze feels nice. We stopped right at the lake and I remember the last time Gabby and I were at the lake. She jumped in the lake because I dropped the flower she got me and I was very sad. She would always pick up flowers on our daily runs. She would do anything for me, and I would do anything for her. "A penny for your thoughts," she said and I smiled.

She was looking at me and suddenly she pulled me closer pressing her lips against mine. I pushed her off me so fast and slapped her so hard that she fell backward. "Why did you do that!?" I asked. "I thought we were sharing a moment," she said. "No we were not, I have a girlfriend and we are very happy," I said. "Lexi, we were going to get marry," she said. "We could've married but you fucked it all up!" I said. "That's why I'm back to make it right," she said. "I don't want you," I said. "I think it would be best if we stopped seeing each other, I love Gabby and I don't want to hurt her, she doesn't deserve any more pain, and I will not be the one to bring pain to her," I said. "Oh really, you know I would believe you but for what I know it's your girlfriend's birthday and you're here with me and not her," she said and I slapped her again but she's right. It's Gabby's birthday and Lee's death anniversary. What have I done? She tried to tell me this morning, she was right about Holly and Tina was too.

I called one of my drivers and they picked me up. I listened to Kay's voicemail over and over again. 'Lexi, where the hell are you? Gabby's parents haven't shown up!' Shit, I never paid attention to what they said. I was so focused on Holly when I should've been with Gabby. She is my girlfriend, not Holly. "Thomas, can you drive faster?" I asked. "Yes ma'am," he said speeding off. I ran to Allie's house and it was Tina who was at the door. "Where the fuck were you?" She asked. "Where's Gabby?" I asked. "We don't know when she realized that you've forgotten her birthday she took off," she said. Fuck me! I tried to call her but it when straight to voicemail. I called her again and when I was about to do it again someone grabbed my phone. "Stop calling her, if you really care about her," said Bri behind me. "You know how important this day is, you know the pain she goes through, she loves you Lexi and she will forgive anything but taking advantage of that is not right," said Bri. She's also grieving and hurting. "I'm so sorry," I said trying to fight back tears and it was when Bri pulled me in a hug. "It's not me who you should be apologizing to," she said rubbing my back.

*End of flashback*

I opened my eyes and there was nothing from Gabby, she left me on read. Gosh, I would've left myself on read too, and I'm so stupid I called her a brat. My dad has been calling but I can't face him right now. My phone buzzed but it wasn't Gabby's name that popped up. It was Holly, apologizing about what happened on Gabby's birthday. I haven't seen her or talked to her, and the pictures of her kissing me are all over social media. Bri was pissed when she saw and didn't let me explain. Tina took her side on this and I just want to find Gabby and explain what happened. Holly knows how to mess with my head, Tina is right. Holly manipulates people, she's always known how to mess with my life.