Chapter 39

Gabby's POV

I opened my eyes and the bed was empty, my eyes were puffy and my head felt like it was about to explode. I looked around the room and no one was here, I don't even know if Lexi came home last night. I felt my phone buzzing and my mom's name popped up on my screen. It was a text message from her. 'Happy Birthday nugget, I love you so much and I wish I could spend this day with you, I know it's a tough day but smiled, that's what Lee would've wanted, I'm at a meeting and I thought of calling earlier but I thought you'd like to sleep more on your bday, we love you.' Oh shit, my birthday is today. My heart feels even heavier. Last year wasn't so bad Lexi woke me up by singing the happy birthday song with a cake she and my moms baked for me. I got up and went down the lobby and everyone probably noticed my puffy red eyes. Bri was nowhere to be found but Lexi was standing by the coffee machine.

I walked up to her and tapped on her shoulder. I didn't hear her come in last night. "Gabby," she said. "I didn't hear you come back last night," I said. "I didn't want to wake you up," she said and I nodded. "I was thinking that we could spend the day together," I said. "I can't, Holly needs help with an interview," she said and I nodded smiling. "Okay," I said and excused myself. I went back to my room without eating, I took a shower and then decided to call Victor. He picked up the phone after the second ring. I need to know if Holly really wants to be friends with Lexi, I need to know her intentions are good because I don't want my Lexi to be in any more pain, plus it's also a really tough day for him too...

-Happy Birthday Beautiful!

-Thank you.

-What's up Gabs? You sound weird.

-I just needed to talk to someone and also need a favor.

-Do you want me to fly to New York? you know you can count on me on everything.

-No, no you don't need to fly here. I'm alright, but I need to go look into Holly, Lexi's ex girlfriend.

-I know today is hard enough for you and to spend it alone would be awful, so just say the word and I will fly my ass to New York and I promise Bri and I will be there and Lexi too. And yeah I'll get right into it, anything you're looking in particular?

-Yeah, I appreciate it but I'll be okay. I don't know where Bri is at yet, but I'll go find her later and about Lexi, well she has been acting weird. She didn't even say happy birthday to me this morning when I saw her. And just dig up all her dirt, I need to know she has good intentions with Lexi. Check Lexi's account for any weird transaction.

-Well, you don't usually do birthdays. Plus I don't think she would forget that is not only your birthday. And Okay, will send you what I find when I'm done.

-I know, but she acts like today is just a normal day, and thank you Vic.

-Yeah, it's not a normal day...

-I miss her.

-I do too...

-I just thought that maybe time would lessen the pain but it hurts so much to know that she's gone, you know. I miss her like hell.

- I know, I think about her every day. I don't think time would do that but trust one day it would hurt less, or maybe we'll just get used to the pain she left behind...

-I wish she was here...

-Me too.

-I should go.

-No, let's talk I don't think it's a good idea for you to be alone especially this day.

-Talking about it won't bring Lee back and you know it. Talking about her it's like putting lime on an open wound.