Chapter 59

Lexi's POV

They've just sent the rescue team inside. I can hear the gunshots, I hear people screaming and a lot of them cursing. Serena went inside but we had to stay back since we have no training and will only get in the way, so we're waiting in the van with Andrew and another guy. He's telling the team where to go, he sent some of them including Serena to the back door, since it's the only way out for Marco. I'm so scared for Gabby's life that my heart is beating so fast that I'm afraid it will stop any second. The guy stood up cursing. "What's going on?" Marsha asked. "We need to get them out of there, the place is about to blow up!" The guy told the director. "ABORT! ABORT!" Screamed Director Patterson on the mic. I heard the director screamed my name after, but I was already out of the van running. I ran to the back and the next thing I know the building blew up, sending me flying.

Everything went blank after my body hit the floor, my ears were ringing but the damage wasn't bad since I wasn't that close to the building. I stood up and kept walking, and saw Serena and her team laying on the floor. The smoke was still thick but I could see three bodies not so far from Serena, and I saw her blond hair. I started running towards the bodies and then saw Marco standing up. He looked at me smiling, he pointed his gun at me. "Goodbye," he said and I heard the gunshot, but I didn't feel any pain. Marco collapse in the ground holding his side, I looked behind me and Serena was there. "You, stupid idiot! He could've killed you!" She said but I took off running getting closer to the other two bodies.

As I got closer I saw Gabby laying there, not moving and barely breathing. Her head was on Susan's chest, there is so much blood that I don't know who it belongs to. I could hear the sirens and Marsha's voice. Susan wasn't breathing but she seemed happy, but Gabby was having a lot of trouble breathing. She started having a seizure, I quickly but carefully rolled her to her side. And noticed that she was bleeding a lot from her side. I looked up and saw Marsha and for the first time in the time that I've known her she broke down. She tried to pick herself up the ground but she was already having trouble breathing. I started calling for help, screaming as hard as I could. Kathy saw me and freeze. "I got her, you have to help Marsha," I tell her. The roles were reversed, Kathy was the one calming Marsha even when she's also scared. I was applying pressure to Gabby's wound but there is so much blood.

The paramedics rushed to my side, they stabilized Gabby and got her on a stretcher. I got up and looked behind me and saw them shaking their heads. Susan is dead... I heard Serena calling my name and I rushed behind the paramedics. As I was getting into the ambulance Andrew and Serena were also getting in the one Marco was in. Kathy and Marsha got in the car, Kathy mouthed 'keep her safe' before the driver closed the door. I held Gabby's hand and she gained consciousness, she tried to get out of the stretcher. Gasping for air, and whimpering in pain. "Hey, it's okay, I'm here," I said feeling my lip trembled. "We have to restrain her," he said. "We can't sedate her," the other said. "Why!?" I asked. "She's in pain," I tell them but they ignored me. Gabby was holding onto my hand so hard and eventually she passed out from all the pain.

My heart hurt so much to see Gabby like this, so many bruises and the marks of the needles in her arms. One of the paramedics struggling to stop the bleeding. Her heart rate is over the roof and they had to intubate her to persevere her airway. She gained consciousness again and this time she was screaming in pain, she looked at me and tears were rolling down her cheek, the pain and sadness in her eyes shattered my heart. All I want is to take her pain away, to make everything better. "She's coding," one of the guys said. They used the defibrillator on her to get her back, but she won't open her eyes. "Gabby, please come back to me," I tell her. "I can't imagine a world without you," I said in between tears. "I can't lose you, I'd be so lost if you leave me alone," I mumble. "Please baby, please don't leave me," I scream at her. "I need you here with me, please baby," I said. "Baby please open your eyes," I begged. Her vitals started to stabilize and the ambulance stopped.