Chapter 12

*Day Of The Funeral*

The finals were canceled, and graduation is in two days. Belle and I haven't gone to school, my moms have been home with us. I put on a black dress, and black heels, I let my hair down and put on the necklace Lee gave me for my birthday.

My mom already left, and it's just me and Belle. I grabbed my keys and a pair of sunglasses. I walked to Belle's room but she isn't in there, I closed the door and walked to Lee's room and she was sitting on the bed with Lee's necklace in her hands.

I sat down next to her and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes, I help her put on the necklace. "It looks pretty on you," I said. She nodded and forced a smile. "It's time," I said and she nodded. We both took a deep breath and walked downstairs to the garage. We drove to where the funeral was taking place, and I parked the car behind mom's car.

I got off the car and walked around to help Belle, she grabbed my hand and we walked to where everyone was. Where now standing in front of the coffin, "You don't have to do it, it's okay if you don't want to" I tell Belle. "I want to," she said. And I nodded "Alright, let's do it together," I said. We stood there in front of Lee, "She looks like sleeping beauty" said Belle. And I nodded. "Yes, she does," I said. Belle put her hand on Lee's cheek, "Sissy wake up" she said taking me back to when I was saying the exact same words to my sister. "Sissy, please," she said and she started crying. I have no words to explain the pain I'm feeling right now, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was mommy, we walked with her and sat down for the service to start.

I stared at Lee's coffin begging God for everything to be just an awful nightmare. Instead, I just heard someone calling my name, and then I remember that I have to do a speech. I got up and walked up to be in front of everybody. I took a deep breath and forced a smile. "We are gathered here today because SOMEBODY," I said glaring at the coffin, "couldn't stay alive and had to be first," I said feelings my eyes filling up with tears. "Lee was one of the strongest girls I've met in my life, she was always there for you even when she shouldn't," I said. "The love she had for her sister is beyond words, and If you knew her you know she would always do what was best for her sister," I said feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks. "She didn't deserve to go so early," I said and I ran to my car.

I heard mom calling my name but I can't do this, I don't want to say goodbye. I slammed hands on the steering wheel, tears rolling down my eyes. I heard a knock on the window and it was mom, I unlocked the car and she sat down next to me. She didn't say anything, she sat there while I cried my heart out. I don't know for how long I've been crying now, I took a deep breath wiping the tears off my face "Ready?" Mom asked and I nodded. She helps me out of the car and walked with me. Everyone was gone, it was just me and mom. I kneeled in front of Lee's grave, "This is not fair" I said looking up at my mom. "I know it's not," she said holding back her tears. "I couldn't save them," I said. "Gabby this is not your fault," she said. "Yes, I let him kill her, I should've been stronger," I said. "Look at me," she said. "Is this what Lee would've wanted?" She asked. "She saved your life because she trusted you enough to leave Belle with you," she said. "I know it hurts, but you know the exact same pain that four-year-old princess is going through, and you're the only one who can help her," she said, and she's right. "You're the strongest kid I've met in my whole life Gabby, the first time I saw you when your mother and I adopted you. You looked completely fine, but in your eyes, you could see all the pain in there. All I wanted was to hug you and tell you that everything was going to be okay, I didn't have any idea of what you went through but when you told us about it I felt my heart breaking slowly" she said. "How could someone be so cruel with a kid? Gabby this is going to be hard, and it's not gonna get any easier but you're not alone anymore" she said kneeling in front of me. "You have us," she said and I hugged her. "Thank you, mom," I said. "We will always be here for you nugget," she said.