Chapter 31

Lexi's POV

"Me or her?" I asked.

I looked over at Gabby and she was staring right at me. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I can feel my heart breaking and fucking Adriana seemed unbothered about this whole situation and once again I was right even though I wish I wasn't... she didn't care about her, she just wanted to have her so she could win. She didn't love her, not as much as I do. "Lex," Gabby said and my heart skipped a beat. "Yes?" I asked her, scared for the tone in her voice. "Remember that day at the lake?" She asked. "Yes," I said. "Do you remember the promised I made to you?" She asked and I nodded.

Flashback

I opened my eyes when I felt someone putting something over me and it was Gabby trying to wrap me in a blanket.  "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in bed," I said. "No, I'm supposed to be where you are," she said kissing me. I don't know how she always knows what to say but every time she says something like this my heart melts.

I snuggled up closer to her and we just sat there staring at the sky. I felt safe like I was untouchable. We stayed here for a little longer just us ignoring everything that was happening. "Lexi, look at me," she said. "I will never, ever leave you," she said. "Promise?" I asked. "Pinky promise," she said with her pinky up. We both smiled at each other and she kissed my nose.

End of the flashback

She got closer to me and tried to wipe off my tears, I closed my eyes realizing that I've missed her touch. "You know I don't break promises but this doesn't have anything to do about my choice," she said and I felt how my stomach dropped. She's going to choose her... "Because there hasn't ever been a choice to make," she said looking back at Adriana who was smirking this whole time, waiting for Gabby to dump my ass and leave with her. She will get to go to bed with her in her arms, she will get to do everything that I love. I closed my eyes trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall but failing miserably since you can't really stop the emotions you're feeling when you're about to lose the love of your life. My heart stopped when she opened her mouth and I didn't want to hear what she had to say, I didn't want her to say that she's choosing her over me. "Its always being you," she said and I stood there. I couldn't talk or move, she's choosing me. "I knew it from the exact moment I laid eyes on you, in that exact same moment my heart told me it was you," she said and still can't believe she's choosing me. "But the moment that made me sure of that was the day you saw me falling apart and held me in your arms, you put me back together and didn't change the way you thought of me," she said. "My heart knew that I just found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done looking! All the girls, all the bars, and all the fooling around, who cares? I was done. You saved me. You didn't think twice to jump over the fence to hold my hand, with half your body hanging over the fence. You weren't even scared, you just didn't want to go, and will always be thankful for that, you've shown me what love truly is," She said taking my face in her hands. "You chose me when I thought I was invisible when I thought my heart was too broken, to damage for someone to love, when I felt like no one could ever love me, you did," she said. "You are my rock and I am so sorry for making you feel like there was ever a choice, but I pick you, Lexi, I love you, and I choose you," she said and I jumped on her arms.

My tears were no longer sad tears like I've said before she has a way with words that will always make you feel what she feels just by the way she expresses herself. She picked me up and spun me around. It was only me in her, no more Adriana. Not more argument, I smiled and pressed my lips against her and she kissed me back with the same intensity. "I love you," I said taking her face in my hands. "I love you more," she said smiling.