Chapter 38

Alex Morgan's POV

"Girls were here to pick y'all up," I said. Tobin was waiting in the car and everyone was getting in the car. I didn't see Gabby with them, I saw Bri looking everywhere probably trying to find her. "Where's Gabby?" I asked. "I don't know," she said. "Why don't you get in the car?, I'll look for her," I said and she nodded. I took the elevator up to the rooftop since it was similar to the place she saw me and Toby making out. When the doors open I could see Gabby and what I saw broke my heart. I know her story after she found us I wanted to know if she was someone we could trust. I found out she recently lost her adoptive sister, and her other sister three years ago on her birthday. I can only imagine the pain she's been through. She's been through hell, and just looking at her in this state breaks my heart. I walked to where she is and wrapped my arms around her. "Lexi," she whispers.

My heart breaks a little more after the post I saw on social media. I don't know if they're real or not but I hope they're just fake news. Gabby has stopped crying once she noticed I wasn't Lexi. She quickly wiped off her tears and composed herself. "I'm so sorry," she apologizes. "It's okay, crying means that you have been strong for too long," I said. "I-I don't," I cut her off. "Why don't we go and have a nice dinner and if you feel like you want to talk we can go somewhere quiet after dinner," I said and she nodded. We walk back to the elevator. When we are in the car no one seems to notice, or they just ignored maybe they know it's better than make this bigger than it should. Tobin squeezes my hand with a worried expression, but I smiled at her trying to calm her down.

When we got to Allie's house she was so happy to see us. We walked in and she had everything set up already. The girls are already there, Ash and Ali are talking by the living room. And well the rest of the girls are in the patio where were going to be eating. Tobin pulls me aside into a room and crashed her lips against mine. "Why the long face?" She asked. "It's Gabby," I said. "She does seem a little off," said Tobin. "Do you think the rumors are true?" I asked. "I think, Gabby and her girlfriend should be stronger than whatever rumors the media has for them," she said. "That's what I told her," I said. "Then Gabby should be fine," Tobin said. We sneak back in the living and Gabby is chatting with Ash, they seemed to like each other or they're probably just talking about her tattoos. She has a lot of tattoos probably more than Ashlyn, I wonder why she has so many, not that I'm judging but I'm curious about their meanings.

As dinner goes on Gabby keeps on checking her phone every 5 minutes probably waiting for a text from Lexi. She hasn't touched her food or talked to anyone. I'm not the only one that's noticed, Bri squeezes her shoulder and gives her a smile. Gabby and Bri seem very close, Bri seems to try and protect Gabby from things that might hurt her or maybe send her over the edge. Gabby seems strong, you can tell she's been through a lot and that she's still managing to get through it. She has a really good poker face, but her eyes give her away. Gabby tried to smile but it's noticeable that she's not okay. We managed to get through dinner and decided to take the girls back to the hotel. When we got off Gabby stopped, she was staring right at a black car, I saw Lexi get off and then this other girl kisses her cheek. Gabby's hands were on fits, and her body was stoned cold. Gabby just watched the car leaves that's when Lexi noticed Gabby, she was surprised to see her. Gabby's body language was very obvious, she was tense and as Lexi got closer it seemed like she was about to explode in a million emotions. Lexi gives her a hug but Gabby was still upset, and asked her why she let her kiss her on the cheek. Lexi just waved her off, and changed the subject. Gabby started walking away from her, and Lexi followed her. "Babe are you getting back in?" Tobin asked and I nodded after Gabby disappeared behind the doors.

The ride home was very quiet, I guess I just can't shake the feeling that this Holly girl is not good news. "What's bothering you?" Tobin asked taking off her clothes. "It's just that this Holly girl seems like bad news," I said. "Yeah, I asked some of the girls and they said that Gabby and Lexi are very close and they wouldn't be surprised if they end up marrying each other," Tobin said. "I know, I heard that too," I said sighing. "I think her birthday is the day after tomorrow," said Tobin behind me. "Babe you could've just said in two days," I said and she smiled. "I know I just wanted to sound smart," she said and I rolled my eyes. "We should do something," I said. "Well Bri said that Gabby doesn't do birthdays, I mean I would be the same way too," Tobin said helping me undress. "Yeah, I can only imagine her pain," I said. "Bri seemed very upset because they're planning on throwing Gabby a party," said Tobin. "Is Lexi okay with it?" I asked. "Apparently she is," she said and I was about to say something but Tobin turned me around and pulled me closer. "Come here, let's talk about this tomorrow," she said kissing my neck. "Now, I want you," she said pulling me in bed with her.