Chapter 65

Gabby's POV

Tina sat down on the chair next to me. "What's up?" she asked. "I need to ask a favor from you," I tell her and she looked at me concerned. "If it's something that would hurt my best friend I won't do it," she said. "Tina, please," I said. "You're the only one besides me that will able to get her through hard times, so I need you to hear me out," I begged. "Fine," She said sighing. "I'm not sure if I'm going to make it this time," I tell her. "Don't say that," she said. "I'm trying my best Tina but my body is too fuck up. I don't know if it will be able to handle all this, I know what's gonna happen," I said. "Gabby," She tries to say but I cut her off. "Tina, after they put me off meds the pain will be awful," I tell her. "My body is weak, and it will probably not be able to handle all the stress and the pain my wounds will put me through. I'm not saying I'm gonna give up, but my body is fragile. All the pain and the stress plus the withdrawals will make me go into cardiac arrest," I said and she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

I took her hand in mine. "I'm not a doctor, but I've seen this happen and I know how bad they could get, the withdrawals alone could kill me," I said and she closed her eyes. "How do you know about the withdrawals?" She asked. "Victor had to go through them. I was there and I witness his pain. Marco had me drugged the whole time he had me hostage. My memory is foggy and everything is a blur but I wasn't sober, I wasn't aware of anything. I wasn't sure if all that was happening was just a product of my imagination, I wasn't sure if my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Tina, if it hadn't been for Susan I would've had died," I said. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I had a seizure, a bad one," I said. "Gabby," She said. "Please Tina," I said. "Have you told Dr. Bennett?" She asked and shook my head. "I don't remember much of it, I don't remember what caused it exactly," I said. "The drugs caused it, you, moron," she said. "You have to tell Mackenzie," she said. "I will," I said. "Gabriella," she said. "You have to promise me that whatever happens to me you will be there for Lexi. You have to help her move on. You have to help her find someone," I said. "Gabby you're asking the impossible," she said. "Tina if I wasn't sure about not making it. I wouldn't be asking this of you," I said. "But you have to pull through, she will be crushed Gabby. She won't be able to recover from this, none of us will," she said. "I know," I said. "And like I said before, I'm not giving up just yet, but no matter how much I want to live my body is the one that has to be strong," I said. "Don't die on us Gabby," she said.

She looked into my eyes, like if there was something else she wanted to say. She looked away afraid that I would see that she's hiding something. "Just please promise to be there for her," I said. "It's my job to be there, she's my sister from another mister," she said and I smiled. "I'm serious Hart, you better not die on us because I swear," she said staring right through my soul. "I will go down there to hell because I doubt you will make it to heaven, and I will drag you back here just to kill you again, and I'm sure a lot of people will love to go with me, Bri being one of them," she said and I nodded. "Thank you," I said. "No problem," she said. "Now get some rest. I will go find Lexi," she said. "Tina," I said before she walked out of the room. "Don't worry, I won't tell her anything. But if you're sure that you might not make it you should at least talk to her," she said. "I know, and I will if it comes to that," I said and she nodded. "Go nap," she said closing the door behind her. I close my eyes and try to find a way to sleep but thanks to the meds the sleep comes easy.

* * * * * *

I opened my eyes slowly, there is something wrong in my body. I look around the room but it's just me, everything is dark, the beeping next to me starts beeping faster. I don't think I've ever felt this scared since the first time my father beat the living shit of me. Out of nowhere, an excruciating pain took over my body. It made me scream, I don't even know what is hurting because there is so much pain in my body. I try to press on the thing that sends the funny painkillers but it won't work. I try to move to reach for the red button to call a nurse, but it only made it worse making me scream once again. Everything is spinning around me and my eyes feel heavy. I see Lexi hurrying inside my room, she grabs my good hand and I squeezed so tight that she shut her eyes tight in pain. I'm stronger than her... strong enough to break her fingers if I keep on squeezing so hard. I let go of her hand, I would never forgive myself if I were to hurt her. Another way of pain shoots through my body, stronger, so much worse than the last one. I bite my bottom lip hard keeping myself from screaming. I can taste the blood in my mouth. "It's okay," she said. "I'm here," she tells me. "I'm not going anywhere," she said before the pain consumed me and everything goes black.