Chapter 56

Lexi's POV

These past few hours have been so stressful, phone call after phone call. My parents flew back to Florida to see on what they could help. Victor is also on his way back home with Cameron. Bri said that he would know what to do in cases like this and that his perspective will help a lot. He used to be involved in stuff like that, I on the other hand am trying to help people calm down with the help of Juanita. We are remembering everyone to take deep breaths and eat. Kami's fiancé is also helping us, while Kami is trying to help everyone else with her contacts. Mackenzie and Stefania are here too, and it's good to have doctors because with all of this stress I wouldn't be surprised for someone to end up passing out from all of this stress.

Serena left a few minutes ago, she said she has a lot of things to explain and she will do them once Gabby is safe. It didn't make any sense but she went to look for the person she said that would get Gabby back to us. I heard the door opened and Serena walked into the room with a tall man followed by a really pretty lady but you cannot imagine who was behind all of them. Adriana Patterson. Yes, Gabby's ex psycho girlfriend. Bri looked at me and then at Kami, they both stood up at the same time I did ready to kick some ass but Serena gave us the 'you better behave look'. "Marsha, Kathy, this is Andrew Patterson," said Serena. "He is the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a very close friend of mine," she said. "You're an FBI agent?" Bri asked. "I am," she said. "But I thought you were a bodyguard," I said. "It was part of my cover, meeting Gabby was pure coincidence. We were following up a lead in New York that involved him," she said. "When his picture popped up on the screen I was confused but I remembered you mentioning that it was Gabby's bio mom's husband right?" She asked Bri and she nodded. "When we saw him back in New York he looked slightly different that's why I didn't recognize him. He is a very dangerous man," she said. "He worked for me for 13 years!" Said Marsha.

"He is a master of manipulation, and he knows how to cover up his tracks," said the director. "I fired him after I found out he was stealing money from the fundraisers," said Marsha. "But what does he has to do with Gabby? Is this some sort of revenge?" Asked Kathy. "I assume this is a way to get back at you for firing him, but this goes further back," said Serena. "We've been trying to catch them after he assassinated a man and his 3-year-old daughter," The director said. "He's been behind a lot of other murders, and drug/human trafficking," said Serena making Kathy almost fall backwards. "I know this is a lot to take in, but I promise we will get Gabby back," the director said. "I trust him with my life. He taught me everything I know," Serena said. "I just want my daughter back," said Kathy in between tears. "One more thing," he said. "Gabby's biological mother is helping us from the inside to finally catch Marco," said the director and we all looked at each other. "After she found out that Gabby was alive she started looking for answers and we made a deal, she will be our key to get your daughter back," he said.

After asking some more questions he gathered up a rescue team for tomorrow. We don't know where they are yet, but it won't take long since Marco doesn't have any idea we're working with the FBI and that Susan will be the key to find them. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Susan helping the FBI. She was awful to Gabby but maybe she was trying to protect her? Gosh, this is so complicated. I'm so scared for Gabby's life, they think he might be the one who killed her little sister. She is there alone, and probably scared. I hope that Susan helps her, and keeps her safe. Adriana was talking to Serena about Gabby's situation, she hasn't tried talking to any of us Kami has been glaring at her for the longest. I can't even look at her, but her parents are helping and a part of me wishes she was more like them. Her mother is a saint, super sweet, and nice. She noticed that I was uncomfortable so they went back to the hotel they were staying at. I got up and went to where Juanita was, she was praying for Gabby's well being. I do believe in God even though sometimes I wonder if he is real because it's hard to understand why he would let bad things happen to good people but if he exists... Please God, protect her.