Chapter 48

Lexi's POV

She sat up straight and began to speak. "The worst-case scenario is that she won't wake up," she said. "In cases of head injuries this type of thing is common that's why we don't take it lightly and have our patients monitored every minute," she said. "If she wakes up there is a chance that she might've of lost her sight, or her speech," she said making my heart sink. "Our brain is very delicate and fragile. Gabby will need a lot of help when she wakes up and we all need to be prepared for anything, she might not be the Gabby we once knew," she said. "I know she will be okay, she's a strong kid, she's a fighter so let's not give up on her. She needs us, she needs us to be strong for her," Mackenzie said. "Come here," she said pulling me in a hug while I cried in her arms.

Gabby doesn't deserve any of this, she has always been so good. She's too good for this world full of bad people. "Are you sure that she won't be able to play soccer again?" I asked. "Yes," she said and I closed my eyes. "I know this might come out wrong, but Gabby once told me that she wasn't planning on playing soccer professionally. She told me that she was going to become CEO of Kathy's and Marsha's empire," she says. "She is, but she loves the game. She was enjoying her last years," I said. "I wish I could've watched her play," said Mackenzie. "She was the best in our team, probably even better than me," I said. "This trip was supposed to be good, it was supposed to be fun, Gabby was so happy about it, and I can't stop blaming myself because If I hadn't talked to Holly none of this would've had happened," I said. "Lexi, Gabby would never blame you for this. She would never blame for wanting to find closure, she wouldn't blame for trying to find the good on people like Holly," she said. "So stop blaming yourself," she said and I nodded.

She got up and then opened the door before she spoke. "Let's go see Gabby," she said. As we were making our way out we bumped into Bri. "Are you going to go see Gabby?" Bri asked. "Yeah," I said. "Good!" She said. "I brought this," she said showing me a bunch of nail polish. Mackenzie let us go to Gabby's room and then Bri and I took it upon ourselves to give Gabby a really nice manicure. "She would hate this so much," said Bri. "I know!" I said and we both laughed. "She will wake up," said Bri. "I know it in my heart," She said placing her hand over her heart. "She will pull through, she always does," she said and I nodded.

                               *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

These few couples of days have been hard. When Gabby seems to get better something goes wrong, her heart keeps failing, and at this rate, she's probably going to end up with some problem. It's so hard to see her in there attached to all those machines. Mackenzie says that she can hear me if I talk to her but every time I end up crying my heart out because there's a chance that every time that her heart goes into cardiac arrest she won't be able to get back. I try to tell myself that she's going to be okay but it's so damn hard. She gave me a reason to live, she gave me a reason to give myself a chance to love again. She made me feel like I was untouchable like I was the eighth wonder... She loved me as much as I love her.

I can't bear that I might lose her, I don't want to do life without her. She is the love of my life, I can't picture anyone else in my future but her. My heart beats for her, and if her stops I'm gonna go crazy. She's my great love, my best love, she's the love that makes me feel the sun inside out and I don't want to lose that. I don't want to lose the amazing girl that she is. I close my eyes trying to remember when we talk about the future, our future...

*Flashback*

We're both trying to even out our breaths, Gabby's beautiful eyes are staring right at my soul. "You're so beautiful," she said and I couldn't help but blush. "Stop it," I said hitting her with a pillow. "But it's the truth, I'm so lucky to be with you. Like I don't even know why would you choose me over all the other people that are crazy about you," she said. "Because all they like is my appearance, they just want to be able to say they are dating Alexis Jones. But you Gabby, you're different. You like all about me, you don't care about the way I sleep, or how I snort when I laugh. You make me feel so special," I said. "Because you are Lexi. You are special, you are a wonderful person, and anyone will be lucky to be with you," she said kissing my forehead.