Chapter 6

Bri's POV

"I'm very worried about Gabby" I told Mrs. Marsha.

"Why?" She asked.

"Her nightmares are getting worse" I said.

"Oh no" she said.

"She's losing herself again" I said.

"This isn't fair" she said sitting down "can you please give me a second?" She asked and I nodded.

I got out of her office and went upstairs to Gabby's room. She was sitting at the edge of her bed, staring at a wall tears were rolling down her cheeks. All I want to do right now is go back to Michigan and kick Adriana in the face. How dare she led on the kindest person?

Seeing Gabby so broken, so lost, so vulnerable breaks my heart. I kneed in front of her and hug her tight. I asked her if wanted to go to the fields. The whole team was going just for a last time before all us separated except Gabby and I since were going to the same college.

Gabby said yes, and we went to the fields. When we got there everyone didn't mention Adriana. We only talk about college stuff and that actually helped Gabby. We had a lot of fun, even Gabby was laughing, coach joined us too and she was playing with us. We're all now laying on the turf, sweaty and tired.

We look at the clock and it's 10:00pm. We all decided to go home. Gabby and I took a shower and then decided to watch a movie. It was a comedy, her moms joined us later. We were all laughing, this felt right.

"It's time to move on" Gabby said out of nowhere.

"What do you mean nugget?" Mrs. Marsha asked.

"It's time for me to move on" she said.

"That's so good baby" said Mrs. Kathy.

"Mom, mommy can you please leave us alone?" Gabby asked.

"Sure nugget" said Mrs. Marsha.

"Yes sweetie" said Mrs. Kathy.

"Bri" she said holding my hands "Thank you for being here, for not leaving me alone" she said "Thank you for spending those nights keeping me clam after my nightmares" she said "I don't know what I'd do without you" she said hugging me.

"I'm always gonna be here for you sis" she said.

"How are you and Kyle?" She asked.

"He's going to a college closed to ours" I said smiling.

"That's so good!" She said.

"I know, I want you to meet him" I said.

"What if we go to the movies, we can invite Victor" she said.

"Yeah that's perfect" I said "I'll call Kyle, to set everything up" I said.

"Sounds good" she said.

We decided to go to sleep, I'm spending the night at her place. I can barely sleep, worried that Gabby might wake up in the middle of the night with another nightmare. She never talks about them, the only thing that she always says is that she sees Julio. I just don't understand how someone so sweet had to go through all that crap.

I close my eyes, and I hear Gabby screaming again. I sat up and start shaking her body slowly, she opens her eyes and tears start falling down her cheeks. She's hyperventilating again, she's shaky and all sweaty. I hold her "Deep breaths" I keep repeating. I keep on holding her tightly until she fell asleep.

*Next day*

"Gabby hurry up" yelled from downstairs.

"I'm going!" I yelled.