Chapter 24

Hello people! The first half of this update is also a bit sad but the other half is not sad. Please do read the author's note at the end of the chapter.

Here we go with the update...

One year and seven months had passed since the accident occurred. Aditya stopped showing emotions to everyone except Zoya. Every day, he used to stay with Zoya at night in the hospital and used to rant about his day. The doctor said that the external injuries were recovered. But because of the blood loss, she was still in coma. Aditya used to get angry at little things. Since the day of the accident, the only emotion that everyone saw on Aditya's face was anger.

It was a similar day when Aditya was sitting beside Zoya's bed talking to her about his day.

"I know you'll get angry at me when you'll come to know that I tortured him. But he deserved this, didn't he? He tried to hurt you, how can I leave him just like that? Once you wake up, I'll tell you everything. But you will have to promise me that you won't get angry. Even if you get angry, then I know how to melt my Zoya's anger", spoke Aditya.

He smiled and looked at Zoya's unconscious body. Every single day, he slept in the hope that she will wake him up the next day lovingly. But the next morning, he was awaken because of the rays of the sun or some other disturbance, not because his Zoya woke him up.

"You remember how we celebrated Karva chauth in these two years? I remember you were so excited for our first Karva chauth after our wedding. But before that, you..." He stopped speaking because of the lump in his throat.

"I'll remind you how we celebrated Karva chauth", spoke Aditya.

Flashback...

It was 2 months after the accident. It was Aditya and Zoya's first Karva chauth after the wedding. Aditya remembered that Zoya was very excited for this. She was very happy that she will keep a fast for Aditya to pray for his long life. Even Aditya had promised her that he will also keep a fast for her. But now, the situations are like this, that Zoya cannot observe a fast. But Aditya decided to fulfill his promise. He was sitting beside Zoya's bed and was looking at her.

"Zoya, finally I stayed hungry for one entire day. Isn't it an achievement for me? You remember how I used to eat sometimes at midnight? But when you can do anything for me, then can't I even keep a fast for you?" spoke Aditya.

He looked out of the closed window of the hospital room and saw the moon. He saw the moon and then Zoya's face. He took water and drank it.

"Happy first Karva chauth dear wife", wished Aditya.

He kissed her forehead and then gave a peck on her lips.

Flashback ends...

"I..." He started but wasn't able to complete it.

Sometimes, he wasn't able to complete his sentence. All he wanted was that Zoya hugged him like she used to do whenever he was upset.

"Yaar ab bohot ho gaya. Aur kitna pareshaan karogi mujhe? Please yaar ek baar aankhein khol do. Uss ke baad tum jitna chahe utna daat lena mujhe. I know I have done some mistakes in these months but I promise that I'll rectify my every mistake. But I'm sorry because maybe there is one mistake that I'll not be able to rectify even if I try. How am I going to tell you that you'll not be able to bear a baby?" spoke Aditya as his voice cracked at the end.

"But it's okay, we don't need anyone else. We both are enough for each other", continued Aditya.

He didn't know that this was a lie or a truth. He always wanted to have kids. But the situation was like that so he can't complain to anyone. He wiped his tears and spoke, "Your birthday was the most memorable that we celebrated for two times."