Chapter 23

Hello people! What's up?

Here we go with the update.

Aditya and Arjun went back to the hospital. Aditya went to the Hooda's and Siddiqui's.

"It's quite late. You all go home. I'll stay here", said Aditya.

"Adi, we will stay here. How can we leave you alone?" said Anjana.

"Maa please, you, Paa and Arjun go home and take rest. Noor, you also take Ammi and Abbu home", said Aditya.

"But Jiju..." started Noor but was stopped by Aditya who said, "I don't want to listen anything. Go."

They all were worried for Zoya but the way Aditya was behaving was more disturbing for them. He wasn't crying. It was as if he masked his emotions.

"Bhai, let me stay with you, please", requested Arjun.

"Arjun, why don't you understand a simple thing? I said that I want to stay here alone. Is it that difficult to understand?" asked Aditya angrily.

They understood that Aditya was using anger to mask his fear and sadness.

"Please leave", said Aditya.

They all went from there and Aditya sat on the chair. He was still looking at the door of the ICU. What pained him the most that his Zoya wanted to give him a surprise birthday party. She was pregnant. He should have already guessed that she might be pregnant when she started having sudden mood swings and craving for food. On the top of that, when she was throwing up and fainted, he should have immediately taken her to the hospital. He laid down on the chairs and closes his eyes for a while.

It was night. Zoya was running on the streets of Mussoorie while giggling. Aditya was trying to catch her.

Zoya spoke while running, "You can't catch me, Aditya."

"Don't challenge me", said Aditya.

They both continued running and reached the cliff where they met. Zoya turned and looked at Aditya who was panting heavily.

"Now, where will you go?" asked Aditya.

Zoya didn't say anything. Aditya ran forward to catch her and Zoya continued moving backward. While moving backward, Zoya's leg slipped and she felp off the cliff shouting Aditya's name.

Aditya woke up with a start and breathed heavily. He pushed his hair backward with his hand and looked at the door of Zoya's room. He went and stood outside the room. He was able to see Zoya through the glass which was in the shape of the circle. He again went back to sit on the chairs. This time, he didn't dare to sleep fearing he might have a nightmare again. He was not able to understand that to whom he should go and rant about his problem. Everyone will listen to him with sympathy but will they have the solution to his problem? He surely had faith in his love. But if Zoya wakes up and asks him about the child, what will he answer? How was he going to say that they lost their child before he came in the world? He covered his face with his palms and started crying. No one was there to witness him crying. He can cry without thinking that what people would think.

The next morning...

Arjun came to the hospital with Noor and sees Aditya sitting on the chair. They both go to Aditya.

"Bhai?" called out Arjun.

Aditya looked at them.

"Bhai, you go and get fresh. Till then, me and Noor are here", said Arjun.