Chapter 34

"I thought that you are good at keeping promises", said Aditya.

"What are you talking about?" asked Zoya.

Aditya thrusted his mobile phone in her hands. The colour of her face drained as she saw the messages and the pictures attached with it. It seemed like the pictures were clicked by someone when Zoya was in the kitchen and Rajveer came in the kitchen. She also read the messages which were like "Your wife is enjoying with him" or "See the real face of your wife" and many more like that. For a second, Zoya thought that Aditya didn't trust her enough. Did he really think that she was cheating on him? With this thought, tears started flowing from her eyes. Aditya saw this and turned his face away from her.

"What's the use of crying now? Jab yeh sab batana chahiye tha, tab toh bataya nahi. Kal bhi uss Rajveer ne hi kuchh kiya hoga na? Lekin tumne mujhe bataya hi nahi. Didn't you promise me that you won't hide anything from me? Why did you break that promise? Don't you trust me?" asked Aditya.

Zoya looked at him stunned. She thought that he doesn't trust her, but he was talking whether she trusts him or not? How could she even think that Aditya didn't trust her. She broke down into tears. Aditya turned and saw her crying vigorously. He sighed and went to her.

"Zoya, what happened? Did that Rajveer do something? Tell me. We will find a solution together", spoke Aditya, softly.

Zoya hugged him tightly and started crying loudly. Aditya caressed her head and rubbed her back to calm her down.
He whispered sweet nothings in her ears. After a few minutes, he made Zoya sit on the bed and he sat on the floor on his knees. He wiped her tears and held her hands.

"Zoya, what's wrong?" asked Aditya.

"I was in our room yesterday and you were out with Arjun. Suddenly..." spoke Zoya.

A few sobs again escaped from her mouth while Aditya continued to gently rub her palms.

Flashback...

Zoya was in the room crying. She was sitting on the floor with her head on the bed. She was clutching the bedsheet and her tears were soaking the sheet. She heard a noise coming from the window of their room and looked at the window. She sniffed and wiped her tears with her palms.

"Who is there?" asked Zoya.

On not getting any response, she thought that it must be a hallucination. She wiped her tears and was about to go out of the room when she felt a hand moving on her back making her stiff. She heard someone whispering in her ear. She turned to look at the person and was shocked to see Rajveer.

"You?" asked Zoya in shock.

"Why so shocked seeing me here?" asked Rajveer with a smirk.

Zoya immediately moved away from him and tried to open the door. Her hands were trembling while unlatching the door. Rajveer held her hand and pushed her away from the door.

"What do you think of yourself? Whom were you going to call for help? Your husband is not here", said Rajveer.

He continued moving closer to her while she was walking backwards. But soon, her back touched the wall and she couldn't move backward. Rajveer saw this and smirked. He immediately held her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Zoya was feeling very scared and was trying to free herself. Tears were continuously flowing from her eyes.

"Wha... What... are you... doing?" asked Zoya while stammering.

Rajveer pulled her hair making her hiss in pain.