Chapter 36

Zoya was on the terrace looking at the stars. After a while, she heard the sound of someone's footsteps. She knew that the person was Aditya. She didn't want to talk to anyone so she didn't even look at him. After standing there for a few minutes, Aditya looked at Zoya.

"Zoya, I think we should go in", said Aditya.

Zoya nodded in a no and continued looking at the sky.

"I want to stay here for more time", said Zoya.

"Zoya, you will catch a cold. Please, let's go to our room. Please?" requested Aditya.

She looked at him. Without saying anything, she went to the room and Aditya followed her. As they both entered the room, Zoya immediately went to the bed and closed her eyes. Aditya sighed and covered her with a blanket. After making sure that she was tucked in the blanket, he gave a soft kiss on her forehead and went to change.

A few weeks passed and Zoya stayed aloof from everyone. She didn't talk much and even stopped going to office. Whenever Aditya tried to talk to her, all she did was simply nodding her head. Anjana and Noor tried a lot to indulge her in daily activities but she always made some excuses and stayed in her room. No one was aware about her condition except Aditya. He didn't want to tell anyone this.

The Hooda Family was supposed to host a party for the newlyweds, Arjun and Noor. Zoya was ready wearing a pretty blood red saree. Her makeup was minimal except her red lipstick. Her hair were open and she was not wearing any jewellery except her nuptial chain and earrings.

She went with Aditya to the living room and greeted everyone with a smile. As she was talking to Noor, she remembered that the next day was Aditya's birthday. No matter however upset she was, she had to plan something for his birthday. The last time she planned for it, she had ended up in the Hospital. But this time, she would definitely plan the best surprise for him.

In the party, she did notice a few people looking at her and she found it weird. Ignoring those thoughts, she indulged herself in talking with Pooja. After a few minutes, she saw Aditya coming towards her and he held her hand. He looked a bit worried.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" asked Zoya.

"I need to talk to you. Let's go in the room", said Aditya.

"But Aditya how can we leave the party?" questioned Zoya.

"Zoya, this party can wait. Please come with me", said Aditya.

Zoya nodded and went with Aditya to their room. As they entered the room, Aditya locked the door. He cupped Zoya's face and looked into her eyes.

"Baby, whatever people say, my love for you hasn't decreased a bit. In fact, it has increased with time", said Aditya.

Zoya held Aditya's hands over her cheeks and smiled emotionally.

"I know that, Aditya. I know. But why did you bring me to our room?" asked Zoya.

Aditya caressed her cheeks and said, "Please don't listen to anyone. You are my life. I can't live without you."

"Aditya, you are scaring me. Please tell me, what happened?" said Zoya.

Aditya nodded in a no and took a deep breath.

"Nothing. Just stay with me in the party. Don't leave me", said Aditya.

Zoya nodded and didn't ask further questions. Aditya held her hand and they both again joined the party. After a few minutes, she noticed few of Anjana's friends coming towards her and Aditya.