Chapter 45 - Ocean

Zacznij od początku

So... aunt Eleanor is right. Why didn't Drew tell me? Why did he say no when I asked him?

"Guess you know nothing, eh? Come to New York, Ocean. You belong to Goldreich. Divorce Roderick, and better yet send the baby to the foster family"

"Don't you dare say that about Char!" I glare at him.

He exhales "you always so soft. I want you to be strong. Only a will from your half sister makes you like this. You will regret it, Ocean. You have a bright future in Goldreich."

"What kind of bright future are you referring to, dad? The one like you? Live with aunt Eleanor even though both of you keep cheating with other people"

"So what? As long as both of us happy"

"You are sick. You and aunt Eleanor are sick" I shake my head.

"Look at me, Ocean. Who dares with me? That's what I call success. Or is life like you is success? Your husband lied to you, you were here taking care of a baby who isn't yours. Where is Andrew?" he chuckles

"Go dad" I say in the coldest voice I've ever heard.

"Excuse me"

"Just leave me alone" I glare at him.

He exhales "The Goldreich's door alway opens up for you, Ocean. You are welcome anytime. My lawyer is already drawing the divorce paper for you if you want you know where to contact them" he stands up, fixing his suit and leaves.

I just sit there for God knows how long.

Drew lied to me, even my brothers lied to me... Jeff is gone, dad had a deal with Drew.

God, this is too much.

***

"Ocean where are you?"

"Baby what's wrong? Don't run away from me like this. Where is Charlene? What happened?"

"Ocean, tell me please. I've been looking for you everywhere."

I close my eyes. Drew keeps sending me voice messages. I look around. I'm back at FI's apartment. The only place I have now. I can't even go to Dean. He lied to me. Zac too...

"Ocean, where are you? If you have a problem with Drew you cannot run like this. He's been looking for you all over the place. Call me" this one is from Dean, guess my husband went to my brother's house too.

I kept declining their call. Drew, Dean, Zac. It didn't surprise me if in the few minutes Drew's best friends ca--

Incoming call Meredith Hall.

See!

I exhale. I turn off my phone and go to Char's room. Thank God she didn't cranky at all. I know she must miss Drew very much. I wipe my tears. "I'm sorry Char. Your dad and I... I don't think we can be together..."

Knock knock.

Oh shit! Drew finds me. I come slowly to the door, before I peek on the hole.

"Open the door Ocean, it's your granddad"

I jump. Jesus Christ! I open the door as fast as I can. There it is. One of the wealthiest men in the world, Nolan Goldreich, is standing in front of me.

"Granddpa, come in" I say, opening the door wider for him. He comes in and looks at me. I feel like a 5 years old kid who just caught making a mistake.

He exhales and sits down on the couch. I follow him.

"To what do I owe the pleas--"

Granddad cuts me "stop the bullshit, Ocean"