part 16 butterflies

Lilis POV
The next morning I woke up, and thought about telling my maids i was sick, so i could eat breakfast in my room, but i didnt want to cause any suspicion so I just decided to go and get it over with, Only with my rule that i needed to avoid emma at all costs. But if worse came to worse and she sat by me or started a conversation i would act normal, and pretend i dint hear all the awful things she said last night.

I didnt dress as fancy as usual, considering it was a saturday, no one did. I did still curl my hair and put light makeup on, to at least look decent. Then for my clothes I wore a skirt and a long sleeve shirt. (haha i literally have no idea what royalty wheres for comfortable clothes, or do they not? idk, just imagine whatever you want.)

Once i was pretty much ready, I went to breakfast anxious for what would happen, or if even anything would happen. Once i got there, emma wasnt there yet thank god! and i saw madelaine with an empty seat next to her. i made my way to madelaine and sat down. "hey girl!' she said "hi madelaine" i said taking a breath of releif maybe today wouldnt be so bad after all!

We had a light conversation, and no i did not tell her about last night, just incase she would tell someone else! That would be a disaster! Soon the royal family came in and we were served food. I had a waffle with strawberries and syrup. So good! Soon we were dismissed, and I went back to my room. I sat in my bed as I got out my diary.

My stomach was filled with butterflies. Confused ones. When did emma turn into such a monster? Why was it me Prince Cole thought was "beautiful". Suddenly there was a knock on my door. "come in" I said quietly while still looking and writing in my diary about last night,

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay" I heard a male voice. Confused I looked up. "Oh prince Cole Hi" i said confused. "what do you mean if im okay?' i asked before he could respond. "Lili, I know you were in the courtyard last night." was all he said before I turned red in embarassment. "lili im so sorry" he said in a guilty tone as he sat at the end of my bed.

"Prince Cole-" i said before he interupted me, "Please just call me Cole when we are alone" he said. i noddeed almost blushing. "anyways, you really have zero reasons to be sorry, if anthing I should be sorry for eavesdropping." i said embarassed. He sighed, "No, you dont have to be sorry either," he chuckled "I just wanted to make sure you were okay, no one should have to go through that." he said with a sad smile. I had small smile,

"did you mean what you said last night" i asked nervously. "yes" is all he said as his smile dissapeared and he turned red. "cole its okay i promise, you really dont need to be embarassed!" feeling guilty. he looked up and his eyes met mine. For one amazing moment, i admired him, his eyes were a beautiful, and lips people would die to kiss.

I was interupted by him laughing, "your staring" is all he had to say to make me go red "sorry" i said quietly and embarassed. He then chuckled, "im not mad" i giggled before the door was opened, by my maids rushing in, as they realized cole was in here they gasped. "oh my gosh sorry, were not interupting something are we"

I giggled at there reaction, "no not at all, we were just talking. What is so urgent you ran in here." i asked confused. "Well, Emma has asked for you in her room and said it's urgent, it looked like she was going to cry!" Mary said

Me and Cole looked at eachothers speechless, but with also a confused look "does she know" mouthed to him. He shrugged. A worried look went over my face as I curtsied to Cole and left my room.

Hii! Sorry this part is a little shorter than usual🥰 guys I think my sister has Covid, which means I have COVID! And she is not like a much older sister, we are 11 months apart. And I have two younger siblings too who are close with me😂 hahaha this is literally turning into a all about me I'm gonna go now. Byeeeeee💋🥰