Chapter sixty-eight

Start from the beginning

"So," Snape said. His face was pale, lip was trembling with anger and his teeth were bared. "So ... been enjoying yourselves?"

"N - no," Harry mumbled, trying to get his arm out of Snape's grip. Faith was frozen in fear, Snape looked so mad, she wouldn't be surprised if he killed right then and there.

"Amusing man, your father, wasn't he?" Snape asked. He started to shake the students so hard, Harry's glasses almost fell off his nose. 

"I - didn't -" Snape then pushed Harry and Faith away from his so violently, they fell to the ground. 

"You will not repeat what you saw to anybody!" Snape thundered. 

Harry and Faith were helping each other get back on their feet while getting as far away from Snape as possible.

"No," Harry said as Faith fervently shook her head. "No, of course, we w -"

"Get out, get out, I don't want to see you two in this office ever again!"

Faith threw the door open, seized Harry's arm, and dragged him away with her, as far from Snape's office as possible. They only stopped running when they were three floors separated from Snape. There they leaned against the wall and slumped down. 

Faith turned her head to look at Harry and saw him hiding his face in his arms. He felt so bad. He always felt proud of being James Potter's son after all the great stories he heard about him but after seeing that, it all changed. He felt disgusted thinking about his father now. 

"OK, Harry, I know exactly what you're thinking but -" Faith started.

"He was a bully," Harry cut in immediately. "Like Malfoy,"

"Harry, he was older than fifteen when he died," Faith said. "Do you really think everyone would be saying all these great things about him if he didn't grow up and matured?"

"That doesn't justify this," Harry grumbled.

Faith sighed and scooted closer so they were now sitting so close, their shoulders were touching. 

"Do you really think your mum would've married him if he kept acting like an arrogant fifteen-year-old? She seems too intelligent to me to do that," Faith said a little softer now. "He might have been an annoying prat when he was fifteen, but he changed, he had to have,"

Harry looked up from his arms to meet her eyes. No matter what she said, he still wasn't convinced but it did give him comfort. She was right, after all, his mum would never marry a person like fifteen-year-old James Potter. It still stung. Both him and Faith knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of a bully's wand. 

Harry sighed. 

"You look exactly like your mum, you know," Harry then said. Faith smiled.

"Sirius said that too, when I first arrived at Grimmauld Place," Faith told him. "Lots of people say it, because lots of people know my mum but I didn't actually think Sirius personally knew her,"

"I didn't even think about the fact that our parents went to school together," Harry mumbled. "They seemed to know each other quite well,"

Faith nodded. Suddenly, she wanted to know more about her parents' school time. About all the stories they had. She wanted to talk to her parents or to Sirius and Lupin about it but since every mail was getting read by Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad, and every fire was checked by the Ministry, she could hardly contact them. 

"Let's go back to the common room," Faith muttered when she saw Harry already close his eyes. They were both tired. 

Harry nodded. Faith pulled him up to his feet and together they walked back, hand in hand.