Chapter sixty-eight

Začít od začátku

"Potter, I told you before not to hex other students," Edith Eller reminded him with a stern look, hands on her hips. 

Faith recognised the scolding tone. Her mum used that on her and Cedric many many times. Though, her parents never told her that they knew the Potters.

"He called Evans a Mudblood, Eller!" James said, pointing his wand in Snape's direction. Edith Eller froze and her eyes widened.

"How dare you?" Edith said. "I will have to report this to the heads of your houses,"

James opened his mouth to protest.

"No, I will," She repeated.

"But Edith," Sirius started, suddenly having a charming smile on his face, "you look beautiful today, has anyone told you?"

"I did," Amos Diggory said with a stern voice, his arm hanging loosely around Edith's hip.

"Yes, OK, fine," Sirius said, putting his arms in the air as a defence. "But, if you report this, McGonagall will have us in detention until the end of our careers,"

"You deserve it!" Lily sneered. "Both of you,"

"He called you a you-know-what!" James said, pointing at Snape again.

"You're just a bad as he is,"

"What?" James howled. "I'd NEVER call you a - you-know-what!"

"Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you've just got off your broomstick, showing off with that stupid Snitch, walking down corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can - I'm surprised your broomstick can get off the ground with that fat head on it. You make me SICK!"

She turned on her heel and walked away.

"Evans!' James shouted after her. "Hey, EVANS!"

She didn't look back.

"What is it with her?" James said, trying, and failing, to ask the question as if he didn't really care.

"Reading between the lines, I'd say she thinks you're a bit conceited, mate," Sirius said.

"That, and you're constantly rude to her and others," Edith said with crossed arms. "Maybe try not to in the future, girls don't like that,"

"Just because you fell for Mr Goody-two-shoes, doesn't mean they all do," James smirked.

"Very witty, very witty," Edith rolled her eyes but Faith saw the little smile when Edith's eyes met Amos's. "I'll let this slide but if I see you do this again, I will tell Professor McGonagall,"

Amos grabbed Edith's hand and they walked away together.

It seemed like James and Sirius were going to listen to her but when Faith noticed the smirks on their faces she realised they wouldn't.

"Right," James said, "right -" He craned his neck to see if Edith and Amos were out of sight and then hexed Snape again, making him hang upside down again. "Who wants to see me take off Snivelly's pants?"

Harry and Faith never found out how the memory ended. They felt a harsh grip on their upper arms and when they turned around, they saw the grown-up Snape stand behind them, looking more furious than ever.

"Having fun?"

Suddenly, Harry and Faith felt themselves go upwards, the sunny Hogwarts grounds disappearing from sight and the next second they were back in Snape's office. He still had his hands around their arms and they were starting to feel numb.