065; i kinda liked her

third person.

walking into school monday morning, after the week away away camping that had gone much better than expected, mollie walked into school surprisingly happier than usual, a small bounce in her step as she headed down the hallway towards her group of friends before class would start.

"hey," mollie spoke up as she walked over to them.

"oh hi mollie," nicole smiled, instantly glanced down at her neck and noticing the few marks, "how was the weekend?"

"fun," she slowly nodded, "better than how i thought it was going to go."

"looks it too," daniel mumbled as they all laughed slightly, resulting in mollie looking at them all.

"what- what's the joke?" she asked the group.

"nothing," jonah shook his head.

"then why are you all laughing?"

"so where did those hickeys come from?" charlie asked, holding back her laughter as it took mollie a moment to process what she meant before she quickly widened her eyes and covered her neck with her hair.

shooting a glare towards corbyn, the boy gave her a smile and laughed slightly before looking away from her.

and just as the conversation was about to continue, ava had suddenly come up beside the girl with a frown on her face, "i know we don't talk but i know how being ghosted feels so if you need someone to talk to i'm here for you."

"what?" mollie looked at her confused as ava slowly nodded and walked away, "ava."

"hm?" the girl turned back around.

"being ghosted?" she furrowed her eyebrows as corbyn looked at the two of them.

"yeah i just-" ava slowly shrugged, noticing the state corbyn had been giving her, "i just heard it from some people that you were probably the girl corbyn slept with, i don't know."

"who did you hear it from?"

"well brandon told me but he heard it from a few other people, i'm not sure who first said it." ava said before continuing to walk off as mollie turned to look at corbyn, who shrugged slightly.

"hey i heard corbyn is going to drop you?" olivia asked as she came up from behind mollie, an upset look on her face, "i thought you guys were super- oh." the girl stopped herself once she saw corbyn standing at the opposite side of their small circle.

"no...?" mollie looked at her.

"oh, i heard that he slept with you or ella and was going to drop you," olivia mentioned, a frown on her face as mollie shook her head.

"who said that?" corbyn asked, interrupting their conversation.

"i've been hearing it from a lot of people."

mollie's smile slowly fell as she kept her stare on the ground right beside corbyn's feet, the rest of the group soon glanced at each other before nodding towards the opposite direction, deciding to leave corbyn and mollie alone as they were just as confused about the questions mollie had been asked.

"you know i'm not like that anymore molls," corbyn spoke up as she shrugged slightly, "i haven't even told people about that night."

"i never said you did." she looked up at him, "is that why you are ella were flirting all weekend?"

"flirting?" he furrowed his eyebrows, "i didn't flirt-"

"don't be stupid, you were flirting with her." mollie interrupted him, swinging her bag over her shoulder, "she's obviously told people, did you know about it?"

"no, that's why i'm just as shocked as you are."

"great," she mumbled to herself, turning away from corbyn and heading off down the hall.

throwing his hands up in confusion, the boy shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows, "i'll see you after class then?"

"don't bother," the girl replied.

"mollie i didn't say any-"

"no but your bitch of a friend did," mollie turned back around to face him as he glanced away from her, "is this why you didn't want to tell people we're dating?"

"that was because i didn't want you to receive backlash for dating me." corbyn defended himself as she rolled her eyes, noticing him walking towards her, "it's not a big deal, i know i won't be ghosting you any time soon or ever so as you've said before, who cares what people who don't know you think?"

"i just-" mollie stopped herself, shrugging slightly.

"see," corbyn replied, "they don't know we're dating so they don't need to know what we do, just block them out."

"okay," the girl slowly nodded, letting out a small sigh.

"okay, now go to class." he told her with a soft tone in his voice, placing a kiss on her forehead before she gave him another small nod as she continued walking off in the opposite direction.

"you're dating?!" a girl's voice took the boy by surprised as he jumped lightly, looking to his right as paige was stood with a shocked expression on her face, "okay, wow."

"uh, is there a problem with that?" corbyn asked her as she shook her head.

"no, no it's just," paige furrowed her eyebrows, "i kinda liked her so.."

the boy stood still for a moment before he tilted his head, trying to find the right words to say, "you told the school about her parents?"

"yeah i didn't want her to like you, i don't know." paige shrugged, "but whatever-"

"so you tell the whole school instead of telling just me?" corbyn interrupted her as she looked at him, "you make no fucking sense."

"you don't understand." paige put her head in her hand, "besides you won't even be able to handle her emotional outbursts. you say you can but you haven't even seen it."

"paige." corbyn said as she looked back at him again, "i know what i'm doing, fuck off."

"you asked her to prom yet?" she asked him as he shook his head, "brandon wants to ask her just so you know."

"cool, i don't care." he shrugged, rolling his eyes and walking off towards the doors of the building, deciding to skip the lesson of english he was already running late to.

a/n

there was a lot to unpack this chapter but i'm not sorry for it 😽😽😽