049; just ignore him

third person.

"corbyn! you showed up today," the boy's english teacher said as corbyn nodded, taking a seat in his usual spot beside rosie before grabbing a sheet of scrambled up paper from the bottom of his bag.

"uh, do you have a pen?" corbyn looked at rosie as she rolled her eyes and handed him one, "thanks."

"are you friends with paige?" rosie asked the boy as he shrugged, "ok, she keeps talking bad about you and so i was just asking incase you were friends."

"pretty sure her and mollie aren't friends so no.. we aren't," corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, writing the date on the paper, "what's she saying?"

"that you're a dick basically," rosie shrugged, "which i partly agree with."

"says the girl who threatened to humiliate mollie in front of the school but alright," he raised his eyebrows slightly, "i've never humiliated anyone like that."

"no but i heard you've broken a lot of people's hearts." rosie mumbled as the teacher was closely watching the pair.

"i heard you used to be friends with mollie," he replied as she quickly looked at him, "word gets around rosie, private school obviously isn't as fun."

"corbyn," lucas said from behind the boy, causing corbyn to turn around and face him, "how come you and mollie are a thing now? do you know what she's like?"

"huh?"

"i heard she's just not someone to hang around," lucas replied, a confused look on his face as corbyn shrugged, "plus she doesn't look like someone you'd go for."

"she's cool," corbyn said, "she's fun to be around, what's the issue?"

"so i'm assuming you're dropping her in-"

"i've actually been speaking to her for a month." the boy quickly interrupted him, an annoyed expression on his face as lucas quickly nodded and sat back down in his seat, "so how about you mind your own business instead of trying to interfere with mine?"

"i was just warning-"

"i don't need to be warned," corbyn added, "you're acting like she needs a beware sign, maybe if you got to know her then you wouldn't be so terrified of her."

"alright," lucas rolled his eyes, folding his arms as corbyn turned back around in his chair, letting out a huff before continuing with his small amount of work.

after the hour of english, corbyn left his class and headed down the halls to find his friend group, grabbing his phone from his back pocket he was soon approached by michael, who looked as if he had a lot to say.

"so has she told you yet?" michael asked as corbyn looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"what is she supposed to be telling me?" corbyn asked, "you keep asking the same question but she's not hiding anything."

"so she hasn't told you," michael replied as corbyn shrugged.

"what do you know? why don't you tell me?" corbyn said as michael shook his head, "then stop bothering me."

"why do you act like she's so perfect?" michael asked through a small laugh, "you know nothing about her, not as near as much as you think you do."

"michael seriously just leave me alone," corbyn said, sliding his phone into his pocket as jonah and jack were heading down the hall towards him.

"no because you honestly think you've got a chance with mollie and you haven't," michael reminded him, "she's going to fuck you up and break your heart because you won't be able to understand her, why are you even bothering?"

"hey corbyn lets go," jack said, grabbing the boys arm as they passed him to only be pulled back as corbyn refused to move, "corbyn i'm for real zach's upset."

"just fuck off michael," corbyn shrugged.

"i'm just saying, you don't have a chance with her," michael told him, "it's not going to work out."

"just ignore him," jonah said, pulling the boy along as corbyn finally gave in and began to walk away, following jonah and jack to the lunch hall, "he's just looking for trouble."

"then what is she not telling me?" corbyn asked, "why is everyone saying to not give her a chance? they're all acting like she's an animal in a fucking zoo when none of them have ever talked to her."

"he's just trying to get a reaction out of you," jonah replied.

"yeah and next time he speaks to me about what i should and shouldn't do i'm going to put him in his place for real," corbyn rolled his eyes, a frustrated tone in his voice as he rolled his sleeves up, "i did say i won't hold back and i mean it."

"you'll get expelled, that won't look good applying for colleges." jack said, letting out a sigh before glancing at jonah, who subtly shook his head.

"and i already said i'm not going to college," the boy mentioned, "i'll just find a job."

"righttt," jack slowly nodded as the three finally walked up to the friend group, "zach you look fine."

"oh yeah i was upset but charlie gave me some of her nerds so i'm fine now," zach said, a smile on his face while holding his hand out to charlie, who playfully rolled her eyes before pouring some more nerds into his hand.

"where's mollie?" corbyn asked, "she doesn't have dance practice today."

"uh max picked her up like twenty minutes ago," nicole said as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "something about julie."

"who is julie?" daniel asked.

"her grandm-"

"did she tell you what it was about julie?" corbyn asked, interrupting her's and daniel's conversation, "please tell me she did."

"she didn't say, she never speaks about stuff that's bothering her," nicole shrugged, "i'm sure it's fine corbyn, please don't be worried."

"yeah," he slowly nodded, scratching the back of his neck, "i'm not worried, why would i worry myself over one person? lame."

"that's exactly what a worried person would say," jack said.

"shut up jack," corbyn replied, shoving him slightly, "i can be worried if i wanted to be, not saying i am but if i were then i could be."

"she'll be fine," nicole reassured the boy, giving him a small smile.

a/n

mwah skrt place ur bets <3