016; jealous

third person.

walking into her chemistry class on a wednesday morning, mollie quickly greeted her few friends in the class before walking over to corbyn with a smile on her face, "hey corbyn-"

"seats taken," corbyn shrugged, staring at his phone screen.

"yeah it is now," she laughed slightly, pulling the chair out and sitting down as corbyn looked up at her.

"not by you," he said as the girls smile dropped slightly before she soon went quiet, "abby is sitting here."

"oh.." she mumbled, looking around the class as she kept a hold on her books.

"jealous?" corbyn asked, raising his eyebrows as she looked at him, letting out a small laugh, "i think you're jealous."

"you think i'm jealous?" she asked as he nodded, a small smirk growing on his face, "alright, well i'm going to go sit by brandon."

corbyn's smirk soon fell as he sent a glare across the classroom to the boy sat in the corner, the second hottest boy in their grade, someone corbyn had never been on the best terms with.

"jealous?" she asked, mimicking his voice as he watched her get up, "i think you're jealous."

"just a little bit," he said, trying to hide the small smile on his face, knowing she was right.

mollie shrugged before heading over to the back of class, sitting down beside brandon and immediately engaging into a conversation with him, seeing corbyn glance over at them every now and then before abby eventually sat down beside him.

throughout the hour of chemistry, neither of the pair talked to each other despite the practical they had done, where usually corbyn would roam around the class in hopes for something better to entertain himself with.

as the bell dismissed the class and everyone left, mollie grabbed her phone from her pocket to call paige, just as it was taken from her hands, "hey-"

"brandon, hm?" corbyn asked, raising his eyebrows as he put his arm around her, "how was it?"

"it was great." she nodded, noticing the stares she was receiving from people, "can you move your arm off me? i don't like the stares."

"sorry," he sighed, removing his arm and handing her phone back, "i forgot about that."

"are you dating him mollie?" chris asked as he walked past, mollie quickly shaking her head as corbyn let out a sigh, quickly walking off in a different direction that the girl was going.

"what's his deal?" nicole asked as she came up form behind the girl, "asked you on another date?"

"i think he's upset," mollie said, "i'll be with the group in ten minutes."

"wait you're going after him?" nicole asked as she came to a stop, watching mollie walk off down the hall corbyn had previously gone down, "..uh, ok?"

heading down the hall to where corbyn was walking, the girl picked up her pace until she eventually caught up with him, grabbing his arm to cause him to come to a stop, "why'd you walk off?"

"what'd you think?" he rolled his eyes, moving his arm away as mollie looked at him confused.

"what? we can be friends without everyone thinking we're dating," she shrugged, folding her arms as corbyn put his palm to his forehead.

"you're not getting it," he shook his head.

"yeah, clearly."

"people see you as another person i'm trying to hook up with," corbyn told her, looking around for his friends and folding his arms.

"well you were trying to," mollie nodded, "no idea if you still are but-"

"still hasn't dropped you yet?" michael asked, walking past mollie and corbyn as the girl looked at him before noticing corbyn clenching his fists, "i would've thought by now he would've slept with you."

"shup up michael." mollie rolled her eyes, looking back at corbyn as michael stopped in his tracks, turning to face her.

from a distance, daniel and jonah turned the corner to where mollie, michael and corbyn were stood at the end of the hall. glancing at each other just once, their pace soon picked up after recalling the events from a couple weeks ago.

"he can't do anything about it," michael shrugged, folding his arms as his two friends stood behind him, "principal said he'll get expelled if he touches me."

instead of replying to what michael had to say, mainly because he knew he wasn't going to be able to communicate with words, corbyn gave mollie a small, subtle smile, one hand going into the pocket of his jeans and the other holding onto his bag as he kicked open the door, heading outside to where he usually sat with his friend group.

daniel and jonah shook their heads, daniel quickly following corbyn as jonah stood beside michael, "well?"

"what?"

"you gonna leave her alone..?" jonah asked, furrowing his eyebrows as michael glanced around the building, "it would be helpful to look at me when i'm talking to you."

"yeah, whatever man." michael shrugged, walking off with his two friends by his side as jonah rolled his eyes, turning to face mollie.

"can you..?"

"i got you, i'll make sure he's ok." he nodded, giving the girl a small smile before they shared a fist bump, walking off in opposite directions to enjoy the rest of their lunch.

a/n

this chapter had me feeling all kinds of emotions bye