008; paint me something

third person.

"heyy guys," corbyn said, walking up to his four friends as mollie followed behind him, "you remember mollie don't you?"

"the girl who got in that fight last year, we know," jonah nodded and smiled as mollie let out a small laugh, shaking her head, "i didn't think you'd be the type corbyn would go for."

"she's not-"

"anyway, who wants drinks?" jack interrupted corbyn as he clapped his hands together, "do you drink mollie?"

"not on a school night," mollie replied as corbyn looked at her, "oh here you go."

"i won't drink either," corbyn shrugged, "i've gotta drop mollie home so i'll stick to sprite or something."

"right," zach slowly nodded, trying to hold in his laugh as he looked over at daniel before corbyn eventually decided to go help jack with getting all the drinks, leaving the boys and mollie alone.

"so, mollie. do you like corbyn?" jonah asked, "usually he doesn't invite his hook ups to the beach with us."

"i'm not one of hook ups, actually." mollie replied as jonah and daniel glanced at each other, a confused look on both their faces, "i told him i was more looking for a friendship."

"you do- you understand how that's going to turn out for you, right?" daniel asked, "he does this with every girl, agrees to a friendship then hooks up with her once they get closer..."

"yeah." the girl nodded and smiled, folding his arms before crossing her ankles together, "i know how it works, my friend had that happen to her."

"and you know what he means by a hook up-"

"yes i know he wants to get in bed with me," mollie interrupted zach, shrugging, "as i said, i know how this works."

"yeah good, i just was hoping you knew he never ever kisses the girls he gets with," daniel raised his eyebrows as he glanced over at corbyn and jack, "he skips the whole kissing part, he's only really in it for the sex."

"sex is so gross." zach said, a disgusted look on his face as he shivered slightly, "ew."

"and i'm not letting my first time be with a player." mollie said through a small laugh as the two boys returned, handing the drinks around the group as they received a thank you from everyone.

after staying within their small group of six for another ten minutes, eventually everyone separated and went off into other groups they knew pretty well, and as the sun was just going down, corbyn and mollie were sat just by the tide with their drinks in their hands.

"so," corbyn spoke up as he paused for a few moments, "what are your hobbies?"

"i like to paint." she replied, looking at the boy as he nodded.

"what do you like to paint?"

"anything," mollie shrugged, "usually just whatever comes to mind, i paint all sorts of things."

"that's cool," corbyn nodded, taking a sip of his drink, "paint me something."

"absolutely not," she shook her head as he looked at her with a frown forming, "get me a canvas and maybe i will."

"where do i get a canvas from?" he asked her, "i'm not an artist."

"any art store," mollie shrugged slightly, "there's loads round the corner from school."

"alright, i'll buy a canvas and then will you paint me something?" he asked, a small smile on his face as she gave him a nod, "thank you."

falling back into a comfortable silence, the pair sat beside each other as corbyn looked over at her every so often, a smile growing on his face that he quickly tried to hide before looking back out at the ocean.

not even two minutes later, the pair were interrupted by jack and zach, who came up behind them before tripping over some sand and falling onto corbyn, "want to go jump off the cliffs?"

"naked," jack smirked as he raised his eyebrows before letting out a small laugh, "i'm just kidding, i hope you both have swimwear."

"i have my swimwear," mollie nodded as they all looked at corbyn, who nodded too before the four got up and followed daniel, jonah and a big crowd of people up to the cliffs.

reaching the top of the cliffs, everyone stripped down to their swimwear underneath their clothes and one by one, people jumped off of the cliff either doing some sort of flip or just simply jumping off in a straight line.

as the line finally reached the group of six, daniel and jonah were the first to jump, both of them doing a flip before gracefully reaching the water as everyone waited for jack and zach to go.

"i'm not so sure," zach said, turning around to look at corbyn and mollie, "i kind of don't like heights."

"don't be a pussy," jack said, grabbing the boys hand and running up to the edge of the cliff before they both took a jump, leaving corbyn and mollie.

"now, i can backflip." corbyn held up in hands as mollie raised her eyebrows at him, "not very well, i'll probably belly flop but i can do it."

"do it then," mollie replied as he shook his head, "i thought you weren't afraid of anything?"

"you know what," corbyn shook his head, picking the girl up before running towards the edge of the cliff and jumping with her in his arms, falling into the water without belly flopping or messing up.

"what if i told you i can't swim?" mollie said as he head popped up above the water, wiping her eyes as a worried look appeared on the boys face, "i can! i can, it's just hypothetically."

"oh thank god," he let out a sigh of relief, placing his hand on his chest as they slowly swam back to the shore, "i'm getting kind of hungry."

"want to grab dinner?" she asked as he nodded, getting out of the water and drying off quickly as mollie struggled to put her clothes back on again, regretting wearing tight fitted jeans and shirt.

the boy noticed her struggling as he let out a small laugh, grabbing his hoodie and throwing it to her, "just put that on, we'll just go through a drive thru somewhere."

"thanks." she nodded before they said bye to the four boys, getting into corbyn's car as he drove to a drive thru that was on the way back to mollie's house.

after going through the drive thru, ordering both their meals and paying for them, he pulled into a parking spot, sitting in silence as they both made their way through their meal.

"so-" corbyn paused, holding up his finger as he swallowed his current mouthful of food, "working on that habit."

"good."

"um, so do you want to go to the fair with me next week?" he asked her, scratching the back of his neck as he ran his finger through his hair, "just me and you."

"is this corbyn besson trying to ask me on a date?" she looked at him as his face went a subtle shade of red.

"i'm trying to," he slowly nodded, hiding his smile, "so, do you want to? it can be considered a date or something i don't know, it's here all weekend so we can go on the friday after school?"

"sure, i'll go." mollie nodded, giving him a smile as he returned it before taking another bite into his food.

a/n

corbyn asking her on a date- o- 😳