028; you're the exception

third person.

walking into mollie's bedroom just past 10am, the boy opened the curtains before turning to look at the girl, his arms folded and his eyebrows raised just as mollie let out a groan and turned away from the bright light shining through.

"go away," she mumbled as the boy rolled his eyes, placing his bag on the floor and falling onto the end of her bed, "corbynn."

"you're so grumpy," he replied, sitting up and looking at her, "good to know alcohol makes you moody."

"i am not grumpy," she replied as he raised one eyebrow before shaking his head, seeing the girl turn to look at him, "i'm not."

"yeah you are," he nodded, opening his bag and pulling out a bag of jolly ranchers before throwing them at her, "catch."

"ouch," she frowned as the pack of jolly ranchers hit her arm, hearing the boy laugh slightly before placing his hand on her arm.

"i'm sorryyyy," corbyn said, wrapping his arms around her before falling onto the pillow beside hers, "did it hurt?"

"there's a red mark there," she said before looking back at him, "you're so mean."

"says the girl who is blunt as fuck," he replied, looking at her confused, "you're the mean one in this friendship thing."

"i'm not mean, you're just annoying." mollie shrugged, "my head hurts though."

"don't drink then," corbyn told the girl as she shot him a flare, "i'm kiddinggg, i'm sad that your head hurts."

"that sounded so sarcastic," the girl sighed as corbyn shook his head and smiled, moving her hair away from her face before staring at her with a small smile still placed on his face, "what?"

"nothing, your eyes are just really pretty," corbyn shrugged as mollie closed her eyes before covering her face with her hands, "woah hey you can't do that."

"i hate compliments corbyn," she replied, moving her hands away from her face as she stared at him, "stop complimenting me."

"no i'm going to continue," he shrugged and smiled, "your eyelashes are so long."

"also you're so cute," the boy continued as mollie's face was slowing going red, trying her best to avoid looking at him while he spoke, "i love your smile too, it's so perfect and cute."

"corbynnn-"

"you're literally the prettiest girl i've ever met," corbyn shrugged, "and i've seen a lot of girls."

"that-"

"you're so beautiful." the boy said as she shook her head, noticing the boy wasn't saying anything more as they fell into a small moment of comfortable silence.

as the room went quiet, mollie let out a small sigh as corbyn kept on glancing between her lips and eyes, a confused look on his face as mollie moved her gaze to look at the boy.

"can i kiss you?" he asked, a soft tone in his voice as the two of them made eye contact before mollie furrowed her eyebrows.

"i thought you don't kiss people," mollie tilted her head, corbyn slightly nodded before he shrugged, one of his hands carefully cupping her face as he gently stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"yeah, well," he paused, giving her a small smile, "you can be the exception."

a light shade of pink soon showing on mollie's cheeks, she slowly nodded as her heart began to race, the pair of them leaning towards each other before their lips eventually met, mollie instantly becoming insecure of her actions.

as the two of them pulled away, the first thing mollie did was try to change the subject away from discussing their kiss, which was when she got up despite how red her face looked and walked over to her dresser.

"wow was i that bad of a kisser?" the boy joked as she shook her head, rolling her eyes and smiling as she held up a chain, "what's that for?"

"i bought you it," she shrugged, walking back over to her bed and sitting down, opening up the packet and pulling the chain out from it, "you said you wanted a new one about a week or two ago so i just bought it for you."

"wait for real?" corbyn asked as she nodded, "i love it, thank you very much."

"do you want it on now?" mollie looked at him, receiving a nod from the boy before she moved closer to him, "your hoodie is in the way."

"then ask me to move it," corbyn looked at her, watching her raise her eyebrows as he laughed, pulling his hoodie down to let the girl put the chain on him.

moving her head to see where she needed to connect the two ends of the chain, the girl glanced over at the boys neck once a purplish-red mark caught her eye, immediately moving her gaze towards it.

and at that moment it had felt like the past month was a complete joke to the boy, like she hadn't gone against a plan to stop his feelings from getting hurt to now feeling like she was just another one of his toys.

as her smiled dropped while noticing what it was, she quickly put the chain on him before moving away again, "i think i'm going to try and sleep, i don't feel too good."

"do you want me to stay and cuddle you?" corbyn asked as she shook her head, avoiding any sort of eye contact, "you sure?"

"no you can leave, you have school anyway." mollie shrugged, scratching the back of her neck as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't mind missing this day-"

"corbyn just go," she said, looking at him as he noticed the small drops of water forming in her eyes, "i just want to sleep."

"no but you're upset," he replied, sitting up as she shook her head, "you're tearing up."

"yeah i'm just thinking about something but i'll be fine," mollie told the boy as he nodded and sighed, a confused look on his face as he went to grab his bag.

"are you sure you don't want me to-"

"just go." she interrupted the boy, watching him sigh before leaving her room as mollie got back into her bed, wiping her eyes as she stared at the wall closest to her.

a/n

pls🥺👎🏻