019; i hate compliments

mollie🥰hey dummy can u come pick me up

mollie🥰
hey dummy can u come pick me up

corbyn💘
no it's 11pm

mollie🥰
what are u grounded or something

mollie🥰
lmfao loser

corbyn💘
fine i'll come pick u up

corbyn💘
i'm tired tho

mollie🥰
ok i just have something to give u

corbyn💘
oh ok i'm omw

––––

third person.

pulling up outside mollie's house, the boy didn't even need to let the girl know as the front door opened almost straight away, a girl in his hoodie and her sweatpants came walking outside at a fast pace, heading to his car. corbyn smiled, rolling down his window as she came round to the drivers side, handing him a brown package.

"wait let me come sit in the car i'm kind of cold," mollie said, walking round to the passenger side and getting in as the boy looked at her confused, "open ittt."

"is it the painting?" he asked, watching a smile grow on her face, "but i didn't give you a canvas yet.."

"i used my own," she shrugged, "just open it."

opening up the brown package he had been given by the girl, he pulled out an average sized canvas and turned it round to face the boy himself, showing a painting of the fair they were at a few weeks ago which looked to be copied from a photo the girl had taken.

"holy shit," corbyn mumbled before looking at mollie, "that's amazing."

"i took the photo at the fair and i just decided you might of wanted it as a painting," the girl explained before pointing to the bottom right of the canvas, "that's your cotton candy from that night."

"that cotton candy was sooo good," corbyn said through a laugh before he turned back to the canvas, "wow. thank you so much."

"you like it?"

"i love it," he nodded, carefully placing it in the backseats on his car before letting out a content sigh and a yawn, then turning to face her, "im so tired."

"go home then."

"but you-" he looked at her confused, "you were the one who made me drive here."

"you could've said no," she shrugged.

"there's the stubborn side of you," corbyn rolled his eyes, "get out of my car so i can leave then."

"but it's cold outside," mollie frowned as corbyn tilted his head, "it's warm in your car."

"i don't care, go suffer." he shrugged.

"rude," the girl rolled her eyes, opening the car door as corbyn quickly grabbed her arm, "oh so you want me to stay?"

"let's go get mcdonald's." corbyn suggested, "i'm kind of hungry anyway."

"ok fine," she smiled, closing the door again as corbyn started his car, making the drive to the closest mcdonald's.

going through the drive thru, the pair eventually got their food and corbyn headed to a random location not too far from where they were, parking and turning off the engine before taking a sip of the drink he had got.

"my fries taste weird," mollie spoke up as corbyn looked at her, "try one."

"they can't taste any different to mine," he replied, taking a single fry and taking a bite as a look of disgust appeared on his face, "ew that's like cardboard."

"it's fine i guess, i just wont have my fries," the girl shrugged, placing them back into the bag as corbyn offered her a handful of his, "no, i'll be fine."

"you sure?" he asked, receiving a nod from the girl, "alright."

"also," he continued, "sorry if this is too personal, but i haven't once seen your parents home and we've been friends for like a month now."

"oh," mollie shrugged slightly, "yeah they're busy."

"right.." corbyn nodded, taking another sip of his drink as mollie sighed, pausing for a few seconds before hesitantly turning to the boy, "when are they home?"

"i think they're back some time next week."

"ok, cool." he nodded before they fell back into a silence.

mollie sat there for a few moments, second guessing herself as every so often she'd try to look at him but quickly look back down at the floor. corbyn soon picked up on what she was doing as he looked at her confused, a small smile on his face.

"are you dancing or wanting to tell me something?"

"i want to tell you something but i don't know if i should," mollie sighed, "i haven't told anyone it before so.."

"is it a bad thing?" corbyn asked, placing his drink down.

"for me, yeah but for you it doesn't really matter," mollie shrugged, "it's just something that happened to me."

"oh," corbyn slowly nodded, "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, just wait until you're ready."

"yeah, yeah good idea." mollie nodded as the two made eye contact, a small smile on both of their faces, neither deciding to look away from the other.

"you're really pretty," corbyn told her as she shook her head, slowly leaning closer to each other.

"i hate compliments." mollie replied.

"i just wanted to let you know," he shrugged before they were almost inches away from each other.

mollie soon panicked, moving away from the boy and looking out the car window as the smile on corbyn's face fell, moving back to his first position in his seat, a frown growing on his face before he grabbed his drink.

"sorry, i didn't mean to make it awkward." mollie scratched the back of her neck as corbyn shrugged.

"it's whatever." he shook his head, "i don't think it's awkward."

a/n

mwah i did a filler chapter before i sleep i'm so tired and for what