041; make me

third person.

"i heard about you and corbyn," brandon said as mollie sat down in chemistry, immediately furrowing her eyebrows and turning herself around to look at the boy.

"what about us?"

"that you're like, super close." he raised his eyebrows, slightly biting his lip as the girl rolled her eyes, "as if mollie butcher caught feelings for the player, how ironic."

"i never said i caught feelings," mollie replied, tilting her head as brandon had a small smile growing on his face, "are you just jealous because someone else has my attention?"

"no because we all knew he's just going to drop you after he gets in your pants," the boy shrugged as mollie shook her head, "it's shocked me though, for someone who hates attention from anyone you seem to love it from corbyn."

"i still hate attention," the girl replied through a slight laugh as the bell rang, "are you the only one who heard about us?"

"no.." he looked at her confused, "the whole grade is talking about you two, i don't know where it came from."

"fuck," mollie mumbled as the teacher began to talk, which was when the girl turned back around to face the front, the seat beside her empty as her classmate had decided not to turn up.

but fifteen minutes into the lesson, when everyone had settled and was busy getting on with the test, corbyn pushed open the door with his foot and walked in, sliding his phone into his pocket.

"you're late corbyn." their teacher spoke up as corbyn shrugged.

"oops," he replied, heading to his seat as mollie glanced up at him, "my bad."

"how about a 'sorry i'm late miss' instead of your original reply?"

"i just walked in can i sit down first?" he asked, turning to look at her as he was stood beside his table, "you're asking for too much, it's only 8am."

"why is he always picking fights?" a boy from the back of the class mumbled, causing a few students to let out a small laugh as the teacher let out a sigh, looking at corbyn.

"is a sorry that hard corbyn?"

"no i just wanted to sit down before i apologised so that you could get on with the lesson," corbyn explained, a smile on his face as he held back his laughter, "if you didn't assume this would've been over by now."

"and why are you late?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"i don't know." he shrugged, placing his bag on the floor and sitting down, "i just am."

as their teacher let out a sigh, mollie looked over at the boy sat beside her before she put her palm to her forehead, "miss i just got back from being suspended i didn't even realise i had to come in today."

"see that excuse wasn't so hard."

"oh my god i hate this class." he shook his head, getting back up and grabbing his bag.

"corbyn where are you-"

"i'm leaving again," he interrupted her, shrugging and slamming her classroom door shut.

"what a charmer," abby laughed, folding her arms and leaning forward in her seat. mollie glanced over at the girl before she turned back towards the front, rolling her eyes and shaking her head before continuing to finish the test.

after the hour of chemistry was over, the students grabbed their belongings and left the class, immediately going off in separate directions to find their friend groups.

"hey mollie," daniel smiled as she returned the smile, "corbyn's out the front of the school if you're looking for him, he looks annoyed though."

"thanks," she nodded, heading towards the front of the building and spotting the boy leaning against his car while staring down at his phone screen, his fingers running through his hair every so often.

and as the boy glanced up, noticing the girl walking towards him, a small smile was on his face before he put his phone away, "hello princess."

"i thought you said you were going to try in school?" she said, a confused tone in her voice as corbyn shrugged.

"i think i'm going to drop out-"

"no you're not." mollie interrupted the boy, folding her arms and shaking her head, "you've got five months left, you're not dropping out."

"and what are those five months going to give me? more suspensions?"

"prom, graduation?" she furrowed her eyebrows as corbyn shook his head, "corbyn you're not dropping out, if you need help with school work then i can help you."

"just because you're smart doesn't mean i am." he looked at her as she tilted her head, "go to class, you're going to be late teachers pet."

"i hate you," mollie smiled slightly, backing away from corbyn and towards the entrance, "i'm not a teachers pet."

"you so are," he nodded, "running off because you don't want to be late."

"you told me to-"

"skip next period," he told her as she stopped in her tracks, "let's go get food. or are you too perfect for that?"

the girl stayed silent for a few moments, glancing between the boy and the school before she shook her head and smiled, walking towards the passenger side of his car.

"oh, ok i didn't expect that."

"shut up just-"

"you shut up." corbyn looked at her, unlocking his car as he did so and opening the door to the drivers side, "i swear that's the only phrase you say, so you shut up."

"make me," mollie replied, resulting in the boy pausing before shooting his head towards her, seeing the smile on her face as she shrugged, finally getting into his car.

"you're on a thin line." he said as he got into the car, looking at her before seeing the smile still stuck on her face, "don't tease me like that."

"simp," she mumbled, looking out the window as corbyn bit the inside of his cheek, "corbyn's a simp."

"mollie's annoying," he replied, starting his car before the pair burst into a small fit of laughter, "ok, are we getting dunkin?"

"no let's get panda express."

"ok, panda express it is then."

a/n

the way they're both scared to make a move 🙄🙄