020; good for him

third person.

"hey corbyn," jack said as he walked up to the boy with the other three behind him.

"hey," he said, glancing up from his phone quickly as he looked back down at it.

"are you texting mollie?" zach asked as the boy nodded, "why don't you just date her?"

"because i don't like her like that," corbyn quickly responded, sliding his phone into his pocket as he shrugged, seeing the other boys raise one eyebrow and tilt their heads.

"why do you hide your emotions so much?" jonah asked, "we aren't going to tell anyone."

"yeah secrets safe with us," daniel shrugged as corbyn looked at them.

"fine." corbyn sighed, "i almost kissed her the other night."

looking at the other four, their mouths dropped open slightly as a shocked expression was on each of their faces, before jonah then furrowed his eyebrows as daniel tilted his head even more.

"but you don't kiss people," zach said slowly, a confused tone in his voice.

"i know," he nodded, "i've only ever kissed one person but i don't know, i just wanna kiss mollie."

"so you do like her," jack smirked, "you want to kiss her, aw that's kind of cute."

"we also may have cuddled the other night too," corbyn then said, looking away from them as the same shocked expression reappeared.

"who is this?" daniel asked, "how much do you like her?"

"a lot," he said through a small, nervous laugh, "just don't tell her."

"that's so cute," jonah nodded as zach glanced over at the entrance of the school, "we won't tell anyone."

"oh did you hear about the new girl by the way," zach told the group, nodding his head towards where the girl had just walked in, "her name is rose or something."

corbyn looked over, his hand sliding into the pocket of his jeans as the other grabbed his bag, "she's hot."

"corbyn," jack looked at him confused, "you just said you like mollie."

"i do but i really miss sex," the boy said as zach rolled his eyes before the four watched corbyn walk over to the new student.

"that crush didn't last long then," jonah said as the others shook their heads.

"good thing mollie is planning on dropping him," jack folded his arms as the others widened their eyes, "you forgot didn't you?"

"totally," daniel slowly nodded, "i mean, at least he won't be too hurt if he's trying to get himself a fuck buddy while saying he likes her."

"but here's my thoughts of it," jonah said as they looked at him, "if they've cuddled and almost kissed, i doubt corbyn is the only one in that pair who has a crush. surely she has something to do with it too."

"leading him on," daniel replied as he shrugged slightly, "they didn't kiss, they almost kissed. and cuddling isn't even that deep, she must just be doing it to make him catch feelings."

"you know when a girl looks at someone like they're in love?" zach said as the others nodded, "i kind of see that when mollie looks at corbyn."

"same, she'll like look over at him and a smile is instantly on her face but as soon as he looks at her, her smile drops and she goes back to being serious before giving him the middle finger," jack explained, laughing slightly, "it's like she's hiding her feelings."

"ok, so maybe she likes him, but-"

"has anyone seen corbyn?" mollie asked as she walked up to the four, "that bitch promised me some nerds."

"oh, uh," zach panicked as he quickly turned his back to her, scratching the back of his neck.

"alright, what are you hiding?" she asked, a small growing on her face, "zach panics if he has to lie, what are you not telling me?"

"nothing," jonah shook his head, "i best be going, my math teacher hates if i'm late."

"aren't we in the same math class?" jack asked as jonah quickly nodded, the two of them rushing off down the hall as mollie looked at daniel confused.

daniel sighed, nodding his head over towards corbyn, "i don't know how big of a deal it is to you but that.."

looking over at corbyn stood beside another girl, mollie's smile quickly fell, a somewhat sad look on her face as zach turned back around to face her, watching her let out a deep sigh as she then tried to shake it off.

"good for him," she nodded, shrugging as she forced her smile back on her face, "i better head to art."

"see you later," zach said as she nodded once more before heading off round the corner just as corbyn made his way back over to them.

"so i thought about what you said while talking to rosie, which is her name not rose by the way," corbyn spoke up as daniel and zach remained quiet, "i don't really find anyone else that attractive anymore, like mollie just kind of seems to be my- why are you both looking sad?"

"we're just tired," daniel shrugged, "monday morning and all."

"right, as i was saying, mollie seems to be my type, you know? like yeah she's stubborn as hell and can be a bit rude when she wants to be, but i kinda dig it," corbyn shrugged, folding his arms, "it's attractive."

"yeah," zach mumbled, "anyway i'm going to go to science."

"i'm gonna head to music," daniel nodded before they both walked off together.

corbyn furrowed his eyebrows before he rolled his eyes, "alright, have a good day i guess."

a/n

oop🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️