062; so that's your boyfriend

third person.

the following friday after school, the group had arranged to meet up for a picnic in their local park and since the group had not seen mollie since last saturday, they decided it would be nice to have the entire group hanging out for a change.

as they all arrived at the park, they grabbed their belongings before making the walk to find the perfect spot on the grass as each person in the group seemed to be growing suspicious of how touchy mollie and corbyn were with each other.

but brushing it past them due to the fact that they knew how close they had gotten as friends, the group eventually found their spot and laid out the large picnic blanket, where the girls sat one side and the boys had decided to sit opposite them.

"i am pleased to let you all know corbyn has gone a full week without punching someone in school," daniel spoke up as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows and looking at the boy, before the friend group gave him a playful round of applause.

"it's not a big deal," corbyn shrugged, "no one has tried to bother me."

"the bar is on the floor for you at this point," jack looked at corbyn as he rolled his eyes, "we praise you for the bare minimum."

"yeah because i'm such a dick obviously," corbyn replied, a sarcastic tone in his voice while the rest of the group burst into laughter.

"he's so funny," jonah laughed, "corbyn you didn't need the sarcasm."

"at least he's self aware," nicole shrugged, a smile on her face while the group nodded.

as mollie laughed slightly with the rest of the group, she glanced over at corbyn to notice he had spaced out, his stare at the only yellow flower in the field before the girl glanced at his hand, the veins slightly prominent as she grabbed her phone from beside her, sending the boy a couple text messages before placing it back down.

and so as corbyn's phone went off two times, the groups attention turned to him as he snapped back into reality, grabbing it from his pocket before reading the messages.

'ur hand would make a good choker'

'i'm jk'

looking up at the girl, the couple had for once maintained eye contact while their friend group glanced between the two, a confused look on all of their faces before nicole and charlie looked at one another, knowing the girl's hatred towards eye contact.

a small smile growing on the girl's face, she looked away from the boy who subtly bit his lip, shaking his head and putting his phone back down before grabbing his drink.

"anyway," zach mumbled, "prom, what are we doing for it?"

"corbyn are you going?" daniel asked as they looked at him.

"yeah probably," he nodded.

"have you suddenly got yourself a girlfriend?" jack joked as they all laughed slightly, before slowly one at a time they all went quiet, looking between corbyn and mollie, "are you two dating..?"

"dating the player of the school? hell no," mollie shook her head, "i'd rather not ruin my rep."

"dating a girl who has anger issues and everyone is afraid of? no thanks," corbyn replied, rolling his eyes as the group shrugged it off, changing back to the topic.

"so i was thinking that we could all go together in a limo or something?" zach suggested, "unless you have other plans with getting there?"

"me and daniel were just going to go in his car," jonah shrugged as the boy beside him nodded, "so we won't come in the limo."

"jack and i were going to get our own limo," nicole told zach, seeing the boys smile fade after each person explained their plans, "sorry z, we already booked it.."

"it's fine," he shrugged, looking at charlie, "i guess it's just us."

"i'll come with," mollie told zach as he looked at her, "i don't have a date yet but i'm sure me and my date won't mind tagging along."

"are you sure mollie?"

"i'm sure zach," mollie nodded, "if it'll make you happy then i don't mind, it's just transport it doesn't bother me."

"you don't have a date yet?" daniel furrowed his eyebrows, "corbyn you're slacking my guy."

"wh- who said i was going to ask her?" corbyn asked as mollie rolled her eyes playfully, "she'll probably look bad anyway."

"he'll have too many girls looking his way, i'm sure he has plenty of people to choose from," mollie smiled sarcastically.

"how come all you're doing today is making fun of each other?" nicole asked.

"we fell out," corbyn said as mollie nodded, "i cant stand her."

as the group all slowly nodded, they finished up the rest of their snacks before the sun began to set and a few people needed to head home, deciding to pack up and make their way back to the cars.

cleaning up his small area and helping fold up the blanket for jonah to throw in the back of his car, corbyn grabbed his drink and walked over to mollie, grabbing her wrist and turning her around to face him, "do you want the rest of my drink?"

"what is it?" she asked as he shrugged.

"i don't know it taste like grape," corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, a look of disgust on his face before mollie shook her head, "do you want a kiss then?"

"we literally just lied about dating-"

"i thought they would've understood our jokes," he frowned, "please princess."

"but they-"

"shut up," he rolled his eyes before his arms wrapping around the girls waist, pulling her closer to him before he placed a kiss on her lips.

mollie's arms almost immediately went around the boys neck, the kiss being more passionate than usual despite the few times they had pulled away for a second or two to smile or laugh before their lips immediately connected again.

"ahem," jonah cleared his thought, interrupting the couple as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck while mollie and corbyn eventually pulled away from one another, "and this is just what friends do?"

"oh yeah well we lied," corbyn shrugged.

"i am so lost," nicole mumbled, shaking her head as she looked at mollie in shock, "so that's your boyfriend? officially? not a more than friends type thing anymore?"

"dating, yeah," mollie nodded, "why?"

"ok because i was really confused as to where that side of you came from," nicole raised her eyebrows, grabbing jacks hoodie and putting it on as charlie nodded in agreement to what nicole said.

"so you do have a prom date?" zach asked, folding his arms.

"no i haven't been asked," mollie shrugged, walking away from corbyn as he held his hands up in confusion.

"you're so annoying," the boy rolled his eyes, grabbing his phone, "i'll see you guys monday."

"have a fun weekend," daniel replied, "don't get too carried away now that you're a couple."

"as if," corbyn laughed before he headed off to catch up with mollie, the rest of the group turning to look at each other.

"i wondered why they seemed happier," jonah folded his arms as they all smiled slightly, "i'm not complaining, im so glad they're both happier but that came out of no where."

"let's just hope word gets around smoothly," charlie sighed, "and that no one gets any backlash."

"oh charlie," jack replied, "there is definitely going to be backlash."

a/n

mollie said skrt lemme send a risky text rq 🤭