Draco POV

I hate her.

I hate a lot of things.

I hate children. I hate Harry Potter. I hate being a deatheater.

But most of all, I hate things that make me feel weak.

Y/n Godwin made me feel weak, and she's barely said a word to me.

I knew I'd have to start my task eventually, so I reluctantly searched the crowd of students for her.

I found the h/c haired girl dodging a couple first years, and quickly grabbed her wrist.

She jumped slightly at my touch and I had to hold back a laugh.

She was much shorter than me, so I had to tilt my head downwards to meet her eyes.

I had planned on asking her to Hogsmeade, but as soon as I looked into those damned eyes I choked.

Draco Malfoy never chokes.

I was confused by the feeling in my stomach growing into my throat and making my regularly cold palms hot and sweaty.

I don't believe in love at first sight, but this isn't love at first sight. This is more like I know that I'm falling for this girl, but how long can I pretend I'm not?

It's like I know we're meant to be with each other. This fact has nothing to do with her looks, or her voice, it's just a gut feeling you get when you meet someone that you know is going to change your life forever.

It's weird knowing someone that you will eventually love before you actually love them.

Saying goodbye to Hogwarts should have been easy, I would spend the rest of my life serving Voldemort and forget about this life completely, but something about her told me I needed to stay.

I've never even been on a real date before, I needed to live a normal teenage life a little longer.