Chapter eight

Draco ignored Harry's warning, and the two grew closer over the span of three months.

Draco would wake up early to walk Y/n to class and the pair could often be found watching Quidditch practice or studying together in the library.

"What are you doing?" Draco whispered as he watched Y/n do her homework.

"Studying, well before you interrupted me." Y/n huffed.

"You're too uptight, Ravenclaw" Draco tutted and dipped his finger into Y/n's ink, smearing it onto her nose.

"Draco!" Y/n scolded and wiped her nose.

"You missed a spot." He teased and wiped her nose with the end of his sleeve.

Y/n flipped off the smirking boy and continued her work, until he buried his face into her shoulder.

"Draco you're such an attention seeking puppy, do you need me to call Pansy over?" Y/n warned.

"No! Don't you dare." Draco replied with fear in his eyes.

"I need to study." Y/n insisted.

"No, you don't, you need to play with your attention seeking puppy." Draco said.

Y/n pulled out a piece of parchment and started making a list.

- Kill Draco

- Bury his body in the forbidden forest

- Pretend to be sad

Draco's eyes widened and he gave the girl a quick peck on the cheek before leaving her to her studies.

"But you're coming to Hogsmeade with me this weekend, okay?" Draco asked... well told the girl and left with a cheeky wink.

Y/n shook her head and smiled to herself.

Y/n agreed to accompany Draco to Hogsmeade again, but wanted to hang out with Luna for at least half an hour before their date.

The pair walked around a gift shop where Luna bought a tiny pink teacup, because it reminded her of her father.

"Can I ask you something?" Luna asked.

"Of course." Y/n replied while admiring a collection of mood rings.

"Are you growing fond of Draco?"

Y/n's eyes widened, and she blushed.

"We've only been on one real date, Luna"

"I know, but he gets very nervous around you, and I've caught him staring at you a few times." Luna inquired.

"I'm not so sure."

"Y/n, I notice when you come to bed late at night." Luna smiled.

"Sometimes we like to watch the stars, just a regular friendly activity."

"Kissing is not a friendly activity." Luna said.

"they're just little friendly pecks." Y/n insisted.

"I believe that Draco wants to be more than friends." Luna said.

Luna knew Y/n was extremely intelligent but was awfully stupid when it came to realizing when someone was flirting with her. She had witnessed Y/n's blindness on multiple occasions, so she tried her best to push her in the right direction.

Meanwhile, Blaise and Draco sat in the Three Broomsticks discussing Draco's date.

"Calm down dude she's totally into you."

"I mean who isn't I'm irresistible." Draco smirked.

"You need to get rid of that cocky attitude. Just because Y/n is interested doesn't mean she won't hesitate to ditch you for someone better." Blaise scolded.

"I think I'm stuck in the friendzone." Draco sighed.

"Well at least you aren't in the 'love you like a brother' zone." Blaise said.

"I didn't even know that was a zone." Draco groaned.

"Look, all you have to do is flash a charming smile and use some of that white boy magic." 

"Flash a smile. White boy magic. Flash a smile. White boy magic." Draco repeated to himself.

"Go get her white boy." Blaise said before sending away his anxious friend.

The girls finally finished shopping, and were getting ready to split ways.

"Well, you should get on to your second official date, I'll find someone, or someone will find me." Luna said.

Y/n hugged her friend goodbye and nervously searched for Draco.

"Hey." Y/n said as she approached the tall boy.

"Hi." Draco smiled.

"Ice cream?" Y/n suggested.

Draco laughed at the girl's constant eagerness to eat ice cream and nodded.

Once they each had their cones, they took a seat on a bench to admire the colorful leaves that covered Hogsmeade in a colorful sea of browns, reds, and yellows.

"It's beautiful." Y/n smiled.

"Yeah it is." Draco agreed, but his eyes remained on the girl's face.

"What do you feel like doing today?" Y/n asked.

"We could...bully some first-years." Draco suggested.

"Mmm sounds like fun, but no." Y/n laughed.

"Let's go to the shrieking shack." Draco said.

Y/n agreed and the two walked to the open field and observed the shack from afar.

Draco climbed up into a tree and held his hand out to Y/n.

The pair sat on the branches, with Draco's arm around Y/n's waist to help her sit straight.

Y/n and Draco eventually got comfortable and talked for hours on end about random things like their yule ball experiences.

"No way." Y/n laughed after hearing about how Pansy didn't wear underwear because she thought Draco and her would leave the ball early together.

"Yes way." Draco said.

"Pansy is absolutely mental."

"She is." Draco agreed.

The night after their second date, both teenagers laid in bed with smiles plastered on their faces, and excitement for when the would see each other next.