Chapter twenty-five

Three days before school started, Y/n had packed a bag with her precious mirror, a new book she had just started reading titled 'Emma' another work of the muggle author Jane Austin, and a croissant. The girl had decided to spend the entire day reading, and maybe spy on a few people with her mirror.

Hours passed as Y/n resisted the urge to view what her peers were up to. She finally pulled out the mirror, and decided a little snooping never hurt anyone.

Right when she was ready to visualize Hermione's sweet smile, a loud thump could be heard from inside Godwin Mansion.

Y/n hastily stuffed the mirror into her dress pocket (She always made sure her dresses had deep pockets, one of the few things that bring women immense amounts of joy) and ran to investigate.

Y/n was just about to open the back door when a grimy hand grabbed her forearm, and a cloud of gray smoke filled the air.

"Bella! What is she doing here?!"

"The Dark Lord commanded it Cissy."

"I will not allow this to happen under my roof!"

"Don't worry my dear Cissy! Her blood has such low traces of the potion that he won't kill her until the very start of the battle!"

"How is that supposed to make me feel better?!"

Y/n groaned and blinked rapidly, hoping to get a clearer vision of her surroundings.

"Oh good, you're awake." Bellatrix smirked.

"Oh Voldyyyy" The witch cackled evilly.

"Bella no! You will not let him lay a finger on this child! I forbid it!"

"Is this because of poor Draco's feelings Cissy?" Bellatrix pouted.

"I will make sure he's there when we kill her don't you worry!" The sister snickered at the thought of Draco's face when she killed her.

"Bella come back here!" Narcissa yelled as Bellatrix skipped out of the room in search of her precious Dark Lord.

Narcissa ran after her sister, leaving Y/n alone in a dark windowless room.

The girl tried to stand up, but realized her ankles and wrists were bound to the red velvet chair she sat on.

She searched the room for some sort of tool she could use to break free, whilst trying to pull her way out of the tight ropes that held her, but sighed in exhaustion; the ropes seemed to grow tighter the harder she pulled. To make matters worse, the room was entirely empty besides the chair she sat on.

"Very good Bellatrix." A distant voice exclaimed, sending an echo through the room.

Shortly after, Bellatrix arrived along with the most vile, horrid, appalling creature Y/n had ever laid eyes on.

"My dear Y/n Godwin, I'm glad to see you arrived in one piece" The creature sneered.

"It took every ounce of patience in me to not tear her to shreds right then." Bellatrix boasted proudly.

"Silence!" The nose-less beast snapped causing Y/n to flinch.

"My poor child. Why do you look so glum? Aren't you pleased to see the wizard who essentially gave you life?"

Y/n said nothing in fear that one false move would get her killed.

"Oh, you don't know do you?" The monster snickered.

The creature sent Bellatrix out of the room and proceeded to tell Y/n of the dire situation that her very own grandparents and boyfriend had put her in, through a long and dramatic theatric explanation.

Y/n shook her head, refusing to believe that Draco had given the Dark Lord direct information about her in weekly letters. It was too detailed of a story to not be true, but she wouldn't allow herself to trust his sharp words.

"That's not true. Draco would never do that."

"Oh, but he did my darling."

The girl's eyes began to well up, but she couldn't let herself cry over a boy that she had already shed too many tears for.

"Did you really think he loved you? He couldn't even say three simple words to tell you he loved you." The ugly monster cackled.

"He's not pathetic like you" Y/n spat.

"BELLATRIX!" The creature demanded.

"Yes, my lord!" The witch replied.

"Try some of the new torturing devices on Y/n. She doesn't have much time left, so have fun with her while it lasts." He commanded with a small smirk.

"Come, let's have a little fun!" Bellatrix cackled undoing the ropes around Y/n and pulling her out of the room.

"Cissy requested that you get your own private sleeping quarters far from Draco's room so he can't hear your delightful screams."

"I disagree with her completely, but I can't say no to her cute little face." Bellatrix explained, chatting as though they were school friends.

The witch opened the black door to reveal a dimly lit windowless room with a basic black bed and a mahogany nightstand. On the other side of the room was a large brown door that Y/n assumed led to a bathroom.

Other than those two pieces of furniture, the large room was completely empty.

"We're going to have so much fun!" Bellatrix breathed into Y/n's ear and proceeded to push her to the floor.

"I'll be back!" She screeched and ran out of the room.

A few seconds later, she returned, dragging a large black trunk.

"My husband gave this to me on Christmas" she snickered and opened the box to reveal long metal bars with different shaped pieces of iron on the end.

Bellatrix used her foot to pin Y/n on the floors and used her wand to heat one of the bars.

The witch roughly pulled down the loose fabric of her dress, exposing her upper back.

Y/n felt the burning metal hit her skin and winced as Bellatrix pressed the metal deeper into her skin.

She didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing her in agony, so she moved her arm and bit down on her right hand to muffle her cries.

Tears spilled onto the cold wood floor, which only made Bellatrix laugh more.

By the end of the week, Y/n had four words burned into her back and her hand was concerningly red from biting down on it so hard. It reminded her of when Draco bit Pansy, a memory that she laughed at, but reminded herself to push away any positive thoughts regarding Draco.

Y/n used her mirror to examine her back ( which surprisingly enough didn't shatter the day Bellatrix shoved her onto the floor). The words "Draco's Bitch" and "Blood Traitor" were burned deep into her skin.

She hated having a reminder of the boy she hated essentially engraved into her for what she assumed would be the rest of her life.

Despite when Bellatrix wanted to brand her like a cow, her times at Malfoy Mansion weren't all terrible.

Once Draco left for Hogwarts, Narcissa visited to bring her a couple of books and three pairs of clothes that Y/n would take turns wearing. The Malfoys' house elves were kind enough to bring the girl two meals a day and wash her clothes.

Y/n spent her days reading and watching her parents on her enchanted mirror.

She had tried to come up with a detailed escape plan, but there was no logical way of getting out.

The room had no windows, vents, or secret floorboard pathways. There was nothing she could use as a tool to open the door, and apparently the room was soundproof, because no one seemed to hear her endless screams.

Bellatrix assured Y/n that no one was searching for her. A deatheater had used the imperius curse on Anna who told Mr. and Mrs. Godwin that Y/n had left early with Luna. Luna, had been captured and brought into the dungeon and Draco still had no idea that Y/n was living in his house.

The situation was hopeless.