Draco POV

The Hogwarts express was no treat for me.

The large train smelled of light hints of cinnamon and musty children. The compartments were dusty and who knows how filthy the seats are.

I entered the child infested vehicle and looked around.

I was quick to spot her. She was short, and though she was able to avoid the attention of almost every student on this train, I found her immediately.

I don't know if I was subconsciously looking for the girl who I was assigned to find, but I did a good job at identifying my target in the deep sea of wizards and witches.

I had hoped that she would do schooling at home like most students had, but I suppose that was wishful thinking.

As she trudged to the back of the train I found a compartment filled with sticky first years who would surely give me rabies if I stared long enough.

"Out. Now." I ordered and they all complied.

I stifled a laugh as their smiles became frowns and they searched for another compartment.

"Hey Drakey" Pansy Parkinson giggled taking a seat after Blaise Zabini.

I ignored her.

She was the bane of my existence, and though I had never known any one of the opposite gender as well as I knew her, I would much rather deliver Pansy to the Dark Lord.

I watched in disgust as Pansy finger fed Blaise chocolate frogs and he pulled her closer so that she was pretty much sitting in his lap.

Love is awful and if a girl ever did that to me I would crucio her.

I couldn't take any more of the shameless flirting, so my eyes reverted to the candy cart lady. Her life must be so pathetic to have to serve candy to grimy kids.

As I agonized in self-pity, I heard a small voice.

"Three chocolate frogs and a pack of jelly slugs, please."

It was her.

My eyes scanned over her body as she paid for her candy.

She didn't look like I had expected. She was breath-taking.

I felt like I was in one of those muggle rom-coms my mum made me watch when my father was away.

She looked like an angel with the sunlight hitting her at all of the right angles.

Her facial features were soft and delicate, and her eyes.

Oh her eyes.

Even though for the most part I hate everyone and everything, I've always found a person's eyes to be intriguing.

"Eyes are the window to the soul" they say, and they, whoever they are is correct. Y/n's eyes were filled with layers of warmth and kindness.

I felt as though I'd seen those e/c eyes before in a past life, or maybe it was a vision of the future.

Whatever it was, it didn't last very long, because those beautiful eyes locked with mine and it was game over.